We hope you are able to stay put during this quarantine, but we still want to help you put people and planet first. So we are offering advisory hours, an educational webinar and online morning chat to help you make that happen.
Virtual Advisor Office Hours at CSI’s Climate Ventures — March 20
Are you a Climate Entrepreneur looking to accelerate your impact? Jonathan Carley and Bryan Duarte are experts in business development as well as also business modelling and validation. On March 20 from 3-5pm, they are offering virtual advisor office hours. Please note that this is reserved for CSI member working on climate or environmental issues. Register for a slot here.
Tax Season for Self–Employed Entrepreneurs — March 24
Are you an entrepreneur looking to demystify the tax preparation process? CSI is hosting an upcoming event to help you out! This workshop will review:
- Tax basics: what you’re obligated to, including when and why you need to file your taxes.
- DIY (or not!): How to decide whether you can prepare your tax return yourself, or if it makes sense to hire a professional.
- Tax brackets: What are they and what do they mean for your business?
- Business expenses: What can be deducted from your taxable income, and what tax benefits you may be eligible for.
- Expenses: How to track them, and what online programs and tools can help.
Climate Ventures (Virtual) Mornings: A Conversation with Nick Parker — April 2
We’re sitting down (virtually, of course!) with Nicholas Parker, a cleantech pioneer. Join us for a conversation on cleantech with the person who coined the term “cleantech”! We’ll discuss its history, current trends, and investment landscape.Please note that we’ll use Zoom to connect. Details will be sent to confirmed registrants the week before the event.
To learn how CSI is showing leadership during COVID-19, please read these words from our CEO Tonya Surman.