Agents of Change: Climate Solutions
Agents of Change: Climate Solutions
JOIN A ONE-YEAR ACCELERATOR FOR STARTUPS SCALING PROMISING PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGIES THAT FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE!
Please note that applications are now closed, but you.
The climate change crisis presents us with the opportunity to build the more resilient, clean and low-carbon economy of the future, bringing with it new innovations, outlooks, jobs, products, skills, manufacturing and technologies.
Agents of Change is our flagship accelerator, having supported over 175 enterprises working in community health, city building, climate solutions and other areas.
The Centre for Social Innovation is launching the second, one-year cohort of Agents of Change: Climate Solutions, and applications are open until February 25th!
WHAT YOU’LL GET
CSI is a launchpad for organizations putting people and planet first. We want to accelerate up to 20 climate change-fighting, Ontario-based enterprises with:
Business and impact experts
Work with top-rated, seasoned coaches to accelerate your growth and amplify your impact.
Get personalized support to help you develop and track impact metrics, including GHG reductions.
Connect with our advisory committee of senior leaders, our 2,500 members, and pitch to investors and partners on Demo Night.
Take part in an enterprise bootcamp, workshops, monthly progress reviews and peer circles.
Free workspace for up to two people in your organization for 12 months, and CSI member rates on meeting room hours.
Over $20,000 in cash awards, access to microloans, and connections to funders and investors.
Be recognized as an Agent of Change, and leverage our promotional channels to increase your reach.
Membership at CSI
Get all the benefits of membership at CSI, including access to exclusive programs, member socials, discounts, and events.
Past cohorts of Agents of Change have seen impressive growth over a one-year period such as a 461% increase in revenues, and 214% increase in paid staff in Agents of Change: City Builders, and a 195% increase in revenues, and a 97% increase in the number of people impacted in Agents of Change: Community Health.
The 2017 cohort of startups have made incredible progress, such as securing investments, growing their revenues, hiring new staff, winning awards, and most importantly, towards reducing carbon emissions.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW & DATES
Applications are open until February 25th.
Those who make the shortlist will be asked to come in to pitch for 20 minutes on either March 20 or 21.
Those who make the final cut will partake in a mandatory bootcamp and launch event all day on April 9 and 10.
Agents will be expected to take part in monthly project reviews, peer circles and coaching sessions that can take place between 10 am and 6 pm, and to pitch at Demo Night on November 6.
The accelerator runs through April 2018 – April 2019.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are seeking innovative entrepreneurs and changemakers who will reduce GHG emissions. Ways this can be done include, but are not limited to:
- Building new systems and platforms that promote access over ownership as part of the Sharing Economy.
- Increasing access and adoption of local/urban food production and reducing food waste.
- Building product life cycles for the Circular Economy; managing the environmental footprint of products beyond the point of sale, such as through product take-backs and reuse programs.
- Making energy consumption data readily available to consumers and communities to inform their choices.
- Facilitating citizen investments into our low carbon energy future.
- Leading community power generation initiatives.
We will be selecting Agents of Change based on their potential impact, sustainability, and our sense of whether this program will accelerate their growth. Specifically, selection criteria will include:
- Whether the enterprise is currently measuring, or will be able to measure, the impacts of their product or service, and what the estimated GHG reductions will be.
- The potential scale and impact of the enterprise.
- Whether the enterprise is past the Ideation stage and into the Validation stage or beyond (Validation: Business model established; minimum viable product; customers verified; initial orders; testing go-to-market strategy). Enterprises should ideally have, at minimum, pilot revenues and data.
- That at least one member of the team is working full-time on the enterprise.
We will select up to 40 enterprises to come to a pitch day to present to our selection committee for 20 minutes on either March 20 or 21, and up to 20 will be invited to join the program, including at least five from outside the GTHA (some travel and accommodation vouchers will be provided).
If your enterprise is a part of the low-carbon revolution, helping to build a better, greener future, we want to meet you!
The Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) is a nonprofit social enterprise, a global pioneer in coworking, a community and catalyst for people and organizations that are changing the world, with four Toronto locations, one in New York City, and an affiliate space in London, ON. The CSI Community is home to over 1,000 nonprofits, charities and social ventures in Toronto that employ over 2,500 people and generate combined annual revenues of around $250 million. CSI members are turning social, environmental, economic and cultural challenges into opportunities to make the world a better place.