CSI Programming Calendar
Events, rituals, workshops, and more held by the Centre for Social Innovation!
Want to find out what our Members are up to? Click through to see our Community Events page!
- This event has passed.
[Application Deadline] WOSEN – Funding & Capital Strategy Sessions
The WOSEN is hosting four strategy sessions for women and gender non-binary people who lead established social ventures who have a defined need and are preparing for funding or investment in the coming year. Applications close on September 3, 2020. To learn more and apply, please visit this WOSEN webpage.
What can you expect?
- Prepare for current funding opportunities matched to your needs
- Learn how to articulate your value proposition and venture purpose in a way that helps build relationships with prospective funders
- Understand when a grant, loan, or investment is best for your venture and how to prepare
- Partake in peer-to-peer learning and facilitator-led discussions which will help you map out a clear and actionable capital plan
- Tailored approach to meet the needs of your venture and industry
Before you apply, is this the right opportunity for you?
Applicants must be:
- Women identified or gender non-binary
- Leading a social purpose business – that can be a charity, non-profit, or social enterprise that is revenue-generating and has a defined social or ecological purpose
- Must be incorporated as a for-profit, not-for-profit, cooperative, or charity with:
- Working full-time on the venture with earned revenue from the venture
- Seeking to raise capital for a defined purpose through a loan application, or a grant, or an equity raise over the next 12- 24 months; or seeking to receive COVID response supports
- Submit a business plan or an outline of the capital needs of your organization
- Committed to participate in four weekly sessions that are between 2-3 hours in length