Energize your board and take your organization to the next level. This series will give you the fundamentals for a high-performing board focused on strategy, innovation, diversity and accountability.
Are you looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness?
Is your board fully engaged at and between meetings?
Does your board have clearly defined roles and responsibilities?
Does your board have a vision for the future?
Learn what every director needs to know:
- Characteristics of high-performing boards and how you can enhance the performance of your own board
- Key financial accountabilities and responsibilities associated with the role of a director
- How to attract, recruit and retain the best boards
- Recognize strategic opportunities and risks
- Identify best practices in governance in the nonprofit sector
- The role of the board of directors in government relations
Participants will receive:
- An opportunity to build a professional network of board contacts
- A professional development opportunity that can help build your resume
- A certificate of participation for completing all 4 sessions
NOTE: You can sign up for the series (all 4 sessions) or individual sessions
(click on each session for a full description and presenter information):
Session 1: Board Basics, Sept 10
Session 2: Financial Fitness, Oct 10
Session 3: Build Your Best Board, Nov 5
Session 4: Government Relations, Dec 5
All sessions take place from 9 am – 12 pm
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
- Are you an experienced board member of a local nonprofit or charity and looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness?
- Looking to learn more about board governance and join a board?
- Are you staff that supports a board?
- Are you an experienced ED or CEO who would like to build on your boardroom skills and update your awareness of emerging governance issues and trends?
- If you answered YES to any of these, All About Boards is for you!