Relocation of Refugees from big cities to smaller towns across Canada.
The Northpine Foundation, in collaboration with CSI, would like to invite you to a community consultation event. The topic will be the relocation of refugees from big cities to smaller towns across Canada.
The objective of this event is to inform The Northpine Foundation’s exploration of this topic and to learn from the experiences and expertise of our fellow community members.
We invite you to join us to gain your feedback and insights on 4 main discussion questions:
- Who’s already doing good work in this area?
- Insights about which smaller towns in Canada make good relocation sites
- How do we create a sense of belonging for refugees in new communities?
- What are other important settlement markers for refugees in new communities?
This session will be hosted in person at the Centre for Social Innovation. To ensure space requirements, the session capacity will be limited to 30. We also encourage you to complete the waiting list form if you are interested in learning more.
Please note: Proof of double vaccination will be required for participants attending and using the space. Lunch will be provided.
- Bayan Khatib, Impact Manager of Refugee Newcomers Portfolio at The Northpine Foundation
- Marcus Huynh, Community Animator at Centre for Social Innovation
About The Northpine Foundation
Northpine Foundation’s vision is to propel and expand human-centred innovation in Canada. Our focus is to support communities that encounter economic and social limitations. We achieve this initiative by designing, funding, and partnering on initiatives that improve community flourishing. We combine best practices to invest in bold, new, and untried approaches.
The Northpine Foundation’s resources and annual giving capacity rank it as one of Canada’s top private foundations. The Northpine Foundation’s core value of kindness is exhibited through acting as a professional, innovative, reflective, aggressive, and impactful force of good. We aim to enable Canada’s most marginalized populations to thrive. We value voice.