- June 5th, 2019, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- July 10th, 2019, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
- July 17th, 2019, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
- July 24th, 2019, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
- Attendance in all sessions is mandatory for successful completion of this certification
The benefits of social/emotional learning (SEL) cannot be denied. In fact, studies have shown that students who have SEL as part of their curriculum are higher achieving, better behaved and have more positive relationships with the adults in their lives. This course is designed for educators, social workers, health professionals, and/or anyone else interested in integrating Social and Emotional Learning and secular mindfulness in their individual school or workplace environments. Over the course of 4 sessions, participants will have garnered the skills and knowledge needed to successfully implement Mindfulness Without Borders’ (MWB) Mindfulness Ambassadors Program, in both youth and adult populations. Learners are eligible to receive a Mindfulness Ambassador Program Facilitator certification from Mindfulness without Borders.
- Facilitation strategies to lead 12 evidence-based lesson plans, home assignments, and mindfulness practices.
- Present moment tools to better your ability to deal with difficult emotions, stress, and anxiety.
- Strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that help individuals build upon their inherent strengths, enhance social-emotional competence and foster a more compassionate understanding of the world that surrounds them.
- Strategies to both develop a personal mindfulness practice as well as the techniques necessary to lead others in the delivery of MWB's evidence-based practices.