Leadership involves creating the vision, setting the direction and inspiring others to make extraordinary things happen. Before a leader can effectively inspire others, they must cultivate their understanding of who they are as a leader.
The new Leading From the Inside Out program starts there. As a participant, you will explore your own personal “flavour” of leadership through comprehensive assessments that offer a foundational understanding of your unique approach to leadership. Building off the Leader Character Insight Assessment from Ivey Business School’s Institute for Leadership, participants will drill down in self-reflection to uncover their personal leadership framework.
As the sessions continue, leaders will build from that framework to understand how they create impact in their work; how they communicate while considering how that communication is received; how they influence workplace culture and accountability; and how their style of leadership contributes to relationship dynamics, systems and collaborative opportunities.
This program is for new and seasoned leaders who want to improve themselves, empower people, grow their organization, and succeed in the complex environments in which they operate, while enhancing social good. It will challenge participants to become more aware, strategic, innovative, and to be a valued contributor to the bigger organizational picture.
Participants come away from this series not with a file folder full of notes, but with something far more valuable – an approach that allows leaders to:
- Tackle problems more creatively
- Listen to others and communicate more effectively
- Adapt to change
- Work more productively and collaboratively
- Foster inclusive and healthy relationships
- Build resilience and deepen character
Complete all 5 sessions and walk away with:
- An opportunity to develop a professional network of contact
- A program that will help build your resume
- A certificate of participation
Target Audience: Individuals who are, or have the potential to be, recognized as leaders in their organization.
Program: Click on each individual session to read a full description and presenter biography.
Session 1: Character Matters: Character-based Leadership and How it Influences How We Lead, February 27
Session 2: The Self Aware Leader: How Understanding Yourself Helps you Better Understand Others, March 20
Session 3: Intercultural Competency and Compassionate Communication in Leadership, April 15
Session 4: Workplace Culture and Influential Leadership, May 15
Session 5: Transformational Collaborations in Leadership, June 19
*This is a 5-part series. All sessions run from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
**In order to receive the certificate you must attend ALL sessions**
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $75.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rates are not applicable to individual members.
- To receive the promo code for the Special Member Organization fee or if you unsure if your organization pays a $70 membership fee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org