Hello community! Join me for a FREE virtual Natural Birth Control Methods 101 webinar on Friday, February 18, 12 – 1:30pm EST. Click here to get your ticket on Eventbrite.
Curious about birth control that is environmentally friendly, side effect free, AND effective? Learn about fertility awareness!
Birth control can be a challenging and confusing topic to navigate. There is an overwhelming amount of information (and misinformation) out there. In this webinar we will unpack what the term “natural” means, what methods it includes, and how to access the most effective methods available.
Fertility awareness is the practice of observing, charting, and interpreting scientifically proven signs of fertility, including our basal body temperature, cervical mucus, and cervical changes. Whether you are avoiding pregnancy, wanting to get pregnant, or simply tracking your menstrual cycle health, knowing fertility awareness is a life skill that can support you in making informed decisions.
Who is this for?
- You’re looking to achieve or avoid pregnancy naturally
- You want to maximize your chances of conception without expensive fertility drugs or invasive procedures
- You’re trying to avoid unwanted side effects and harmful environmental impacts of hormonal birth control methods
- You’re looking for better ways to manage painful period symptoms and support menstrual cycle wellness
- You’re part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and are looking for inclusive options
What you will learn:
- The various methods of natural birth control and how they work
- Overview of the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM)
- The different schools of thought of Fertility Awareness
- An introduction to the Justisse method of Fertility Awareness and body-literacy
Hi, I’m Laura Salamanca, a Fertility Awareness Educator in training with Justisse College International. I have roots in Latin America, and have called Turtle Island home since 2000. As an immigrant in Haudenosaunee, Anishinaabe, and Mississaugas of the Credit territory, I see myself as a Treaty person with a responsibility to this land and its people.
My approach to fertility awareness is centred on the body sovereignty that it allows! I work within an anti-oppressive Reproductive Justice framework. I teach Fertility Awareness out of a desire to support others in nourishing their connection with their body, feeling empowered in their relationships, and having tools to make reproductive health decisions.
I am passionate about body literacy and teaching Fertility Awareness from a gender neutral perspective. This is a lifeskill that everyone can enjoy!
Learn more at feelbodywise.com