The Canadian Film Centre's IDEABOOST team has launched a new, year long, bespoke enterprise growth accelerator program for womxn founders in digital media. This includes any enterprise that leverages digital technology--you do not have to be a film maker! Online school, sharing economy platforms. Online networks. All are eligible. This is also the first feminist-values run accelerator in Canada--inclusive, diverse and supports entrepreneurs in growing their enterprise THEIR way.
Access to mentors, programming, networking events and support for investment readiness for one year. Programming designed to be in sync with womxn's needs and lived experiences. Enterprises must be at the stage where they are legally incorporated as for profit, nonprofit or co-operative to be eligible.
Apply for Fifth Wave Connect SOON. Deadline Feb 29th.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCESS
The Fifth Wave Initiative is a suite of program offerings focused on supporting expansion-ready women-owned/led digital media businesses in southern Ontario. Applicants interested in participating in any aspect of the Fifth Wave Initiative must first apply for review and acceptance to the Fifth Wave Connect program. Adjudication of applications are made on a rolling basis throughout the year. Each annual cohort of Fifth Wave Labs will be announced on this website, and require an additional application by companies that have already been accepted into Fifth Wave Connect. Other opportunities within the initiative (like Fifth Wave Outreach) are by invitation only to companies in the Connect program. Click here to apply now to Fifth Wave Connect. Already a Fifth Wave Connect company? Click here to apply to Fifth Wave Labs.
Companies are eligible to apply to Fifth Wave Initiative if they are: Women-owned/led small or medium-sized digital media enterprises Incorporated and based in southern Ontario Mid-to-later-stage businesses with a product/service in market Content, service or technology-enabled businesses Export-ready At least 30% of the participants will be drawn from: Women with disabilities Neurodiverse women LGBTIQA+ women Indigenous women Women of visible minorities Women in rural or remote regions Newcomers to Canada Women from Official Language Minority Communities (OLMCs)
Key goals for this program include:
- Helping women-owned/led companies grow, strengthen and become truly financially sustainable
- Facilitating access to values-aligned capital to women entrepreneurs
- Supporting organic enterprise growth through bespoke programming
- Providing a welcoming culture and transformative experience for everyone, including mentors, investors, coaches and partners
- Enabling thoughtful, intentional disruption Encouraging and leveraging the power of intergenerational learning
- Creating an environment where women’s earned/learned experiences and insights are valued Improving support and outcomes for women founders by recognizing and valuing their primary caregiving responsibilities (where applicable)