Resilience is defined as the capacity to recover quickly from obstacles; when stretched, resilient people bounce back.
In an industry where change is constant, we are often forced to pivot and we often hear NO from external stakeholders, resilience is key to our success and sustainability. We need to cultivate our capacity to bounce back as individuals and organizations. This requires new approaches and out-of-the-box creativity to get to the YES and to navigate change.
This workshop will focus on the 3 fundamental principles of improvisation:
- Yes, And…
- Heighten & Exploration
- Making Your Partners Look Good
When these principles are practiced at work, teams experience increased creativity, heightened problem-solving skills, innovative approaches to old problems and richer collaboration.
Resilience is cultivated when you are able to stay open to possibility; when NO doesn’t devastate your ideas bank; and when creativity is collaborative.
And one more thing...we all know learning tends to stick when it happens through fun!
- Using “Yes, And” principles to create opportunities and move past obstacles
- How to create a trust based “Yes, And” culture amongst your teams
- Learn how improv fundamentals improve your resilience and your ability to adapt to change
- How to incorporate improv techniques in everyday life
Target Audience: Leaders, Support Staff, Influencers, Team coordinators/managers. Small Business owners, entrepreneurs. Anyone interested in personal development and expanding their creative mind. We highly encourage organizations to bring multiple people from their teams to attend!
Level: Beginner - No experience with improv necessary.
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $75.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rate is not applicable to individual members
- To take advantage of the Special Member Rate please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-433-7876 x 215 to receive the discount code.