This webinar provides a technical explanation of how to create accessible website content. Web developers will come away with a deep understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, the AODA requirements for website accessibility, and how to achieve WCAG 2.1 conformance.
This webinar is ideal for those who have already taken the Introduction to Website Accessibility workshop/webinar (our next webinar is on February 5th), or those who already have some familiarity with digital accessibility concepts.
By completing this webinar, participants will:
- Gain an in depth understanding of WCAG 2.1 structure: Principles, Guidelines and Success Criteria
- Become familiar with established techniques for meeting WCAG conformance
- Get an introduction to WAI ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Application) markup
- Learn about tools and resources for creating accessible content
Knowledgeable presenter who gave specific mark-up examples and was able to answer questions.
Great practical advice! Easy to understand concepts.
The de-mystifying of WCAG was very helpful!
Just right for getting the basics. Perfect length and content.
Prerequisite: Some basic knowledge of HTML is required for this course.
Webinar Recordings: Participants can choose to get access to the webinar recordings. A link will be sent the same day as the live session and viewing will be available for 7 days.
INCLUDED IN THE WEBINAR SERIES:
- High quality instruction by a Web Accessibility Specialist
- Accessibility Resources
- Digital Certificate of Completion for registered participants