People consume information differently online. How we pay attention, scan and navigate information contradicts how we engage with traditional documents and paper. In this workshop you will learn practical skills to translate your writing into concise, quality content and develop new communications strategies that will make you stand out on a wide range of digital and social media platforms.
Through in-depth and interactive exercises you will learn to apply and practice new principles and techniques while staying grounded in the research that supports them. You will get the opportunity to rewrite, redesign, and reorganize digital copy. Come ready to write!
- Understand how people read and consume information differently online and apply it to your own writing
- Adapt and re-edit texts to optimize them for web reading
- Write website content that is easy for online readers to navigate and digest
- Apply keyword strategies for search engine optimisation so that your content gets discovered
- Write content for blogs, websites, newsletters or emails and social media that inspires people to read, follow and share
- Distill your writing down into its purest, simplest form for micro-formats like Twitter, Instagram and others
Please bring a charged laptop or tablet. You will be writing content as part of this workshop.