Anima Leadership seeks someone who thrives on teamwork and client relationships. Scheduling, prioritizing details, handling client requests and basic project management, come naturally to you. Anima Leadership is a small but growing team all of whom have busy to overflowing schedules. We require someone with some tech experience, organized, flexible and relational to assist us with our growing social mission company.
Your role will be a foundational one for our team. Many times you will be the first contact for people requesting consulting, training and other services. You are able to multitask and keep on top of requests, responding quickly to potential and existing client queries. You will host and support our regular online client and course webinars (via zoom). You will support our online course registrations and help troubleshoot login issues that arise. You have a natural diplomacy and the judgement to read the priority level of client requests. You will continually consult with our team through weekly meetings and informal check-ins. You will assist with social media to amplify our work and offerings. You will be our in-house podcast editor (basic audio editing). You can troubleshoot problems and proactively establish processes to address issues as they arise. You can propose steps and processes to team members needing assistance carrying out their tasks.
You care deeply about a better world and issues of diversity, race, belonging and equal opportunity for all. This is the oxygen our team thrives on.
If this sounds of interest, read on!
- You want to be an Administrative Assistant and to work with Anima Leadership. Specifically:
- You have experience working within a team environment;
- You have at least 1-2-years’ experience or some training in an administrative position;
- You are a lifelong learner who strives toward personal development and learning new technology;
- You are reliable and can be counted on to be on time;
- You have some experience with Zoom and online technology;
- You are available on weekdays and the occasional weekend when needed;
- You are comfortable with working online and liaising with team members as required;
- You have an extensive knowledge working with Microsoft Office and Google calendars;
- Willingness to learn and contribute to Anima content development through video and audio editing.
- You can identify administrative gaps and propose solutions to address them.
- You are both a team player and a self-starter who wants to make a difference in the world. by supporting a team who are working to build inclusive, equitable work environments.
- You have experience with coordinating the logistics and details of a small or large-scale project or event.
- Your formal or informal education background already provides a macro view of the world that exposes the dynamics of systemic discrimination, social power and privilege.
- You are committed to developing your inner self and have some comfort discussing your strengths, limitations and triggers with team members in order to prevent, and resolve, inter-personal conflict.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to manage relationships with colleagues and clients.
- When problems arise you can troubleshoot and provide solutions.
- Providing online tech logistical support for our virtual client trainings and online courses and other events and offerings.
- Providing support for our online course registration, helping to answer client questions, log-in issues etc.
- Social media support (Twitter, Facebook, Insta, Linked In).
- Course registration and assisting with payments through online payment system.
- Managing client newsletter lists through MailChimp.
- Helping to edit podcast episodes, online videos and create appropriate graphics.
- Helping to update information and manage website content.
- Liaising with clients (i.e. Proactively determine specific needs, sharing information about programs, preparation for meetings/workshops with team).
- Daily administrative support for multiple team members.
- Ensuring team members are prepared for workshops and meetings.
- Travel coordination and itinerary preparation for team members.
- Supporting courses and events (i.e. photocopying materials, room booking, set-up registration, coffee, snacks, clean-up).
- Planning and preparing for internal and external meetings.
- Coordinating meetings (i.e. booking space, meeting materials).
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and reports including copyediting and arranging printing.
- Client tracking and follow-up.
- Assisting with special projects both small and large.
Other Helpful Skills:
- WordPress and Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Some audio and video editing experience
- Ability to assist with the writing of RFPs, grant proposals, etc.
Starting Salary: $45-55,000 (with annual salary increases), depending on experience, Salaried position, 9am-5pm EST (Monday-Friday). Health benefits after one year. You will also be in a super positive, supportive and dynamic work environment committed to on-going personal and organizational growth, as well as world change.
- Closing dates for submission – Monday, March 15th, 2021
- Notification of Selection – Week of March 29th, 2021
- Virtual interviews – April 6th and April 8th, 2021
- Job offer – by April 12th, 2021
- Job Starting: Between April 19th and May 1st, 2021.
About Anima Leadership
Anima Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage equity-seeking candidates to apply, especially those who identify as Indigenous, racial minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2S or women. Of course, we recognize and honour the intersectionality of equity-based identities.