What We’re Looking For
TAF is seeking an individual with strong analytical and data skills with an interest in impact investing, climate finance and cleantech to support TAF’s Impact Investing team in deploying capital into direct investments. This role will help tackle one of the largest – if not the largest – issues of our time. We are looking for someone to help realize the goal of making the GTHA net-zero by 2050.
This is a full-time, 2-year contract with potential for extension. Salary range: $50,000-$60,000, depending on qualifications and experience. Reporting to the Director, Impact Investing.
You will play a vital role supporting the activities of TAF’s Impact Investing team. Under the direction of the Director, Impact Investing, you will help identify and collaborate with innovative companies and technologies that reduce carbon emissions in urban settings.
Your work will be focused on these key activities:
- Screen incoming impact investing opportunities and support the development of potential transactions and sources of transactions
Due Diligence, Deal Structuring and Market Intelligence
- Conduct in-depth due diligence of potential investment opportunities including analysis of project viability, financial statements, repayment capabilities, and collateral.
- Provide financial, industry, economic, and other analysis and insights to facilitate decision-making.
- Support presentation of opportunities and recommendations to TAF’s Investment Committee.
Monitoring and Reporting (and Customer Relationship Management)
- Documentation (hard and soft) and day-to-day administration of investment transactions from start to finish (i.e. intake, due diligence, approval, deal closing, repayment process).
- Maintain a current and accurate pipeline and data base of transaction opportunities and call/investigation reports.
- Prepare annual reviews on existing investments.
- Finalize Investment Committee presentation packages for distribution.
- Obtain up to date supporting information annually such as third-party insurance coverage and financial reporting specific to each investment.
- Flag challenges and recommend escalation or action.
Collaboration and Communication
- Represent TAF publicly in a manner consistent with TAF’s professional standards, providing thought-leadership in fora and networks related to impact investing.
- Collaborate with other staff members to seek out areas of synergy among different program areas.
- Participate in TAF staff knowledge seminars to transfer learnings to others on the team.
- Participate actively at staff meetings, retreats and through ad hoc staff working groups.
The kind of candidate we’re looking for
- Two to three years of relevant experience
working in a related field (banking,
venture capital, private equity)
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance,
business or economics
- Familiarity with financing of renewable energy,
alternate energies and energy efficiency a clear asset
- Demonstrated ability to research and assimilate
significant amounts of information.
- Good knowledge of financial markets and trends
- Advanced working knowledge with Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), video conferencing tools, and highly skilled
in using spreadsheets, pivot tables and presentation software.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a
To view the full posting and apply for this role, visit this page and complete an application.