We are looking for a creative and results-driven Campaign Specialist to support our clients throughout the various stages of their investment campaigns (Our average campaign raises $3 million from 100 investors).
You will be a great fit for this position if you enjoy both setting strategy and implementing new ideas, are motivated by community participation and positive change, and can demonstrate excellent collaborative skills paired with sound judgement.
This role reports to our Senior Campaign Manager. However, we are cross- functional by design, and you will collaborate with the rest of our team.
What you will be doing:
• Project Management – Coordinate each phase of client campaigns, from planning and structuring, to marketing, sales and investor relations. Coach and organize client teams, act as main point-of contact, bring in outside resources as necessary, provide regular assessments and benchmarks.
• Facilitation – Facilitate client meetings and training sessions. Manage client team dynamics to create a positive working environment, introduce new information with confidence, support clients to solve problems and achieve milestones.
• Strategy Development – Collaborate with our team to define the scope and budget for each campaign from early stages to the bond raise and beyond. Work alongside and organize our core team to pull in relevant resources and expertise. Identify gaps, risks and issues early in the project and suggest appropriate mitigation strategies.
• Training & Coaching – Set client teams up for success by organizing their campaigns and creating guides and templates that they adopt and make their own. Train clients on various platforms: CRMs, email systems, project management software, etc. Provide feedback and coaching along the way.
• Marketing & Sales – Develop sales & marketing strategies for each investment campaign. Oversee implementation of tactics and strategies, proof marketing materials, suggest best practices to ensure investment sales goals are met.
• Education – Assist in initial engagement with potential new clients, including participating in consultations and workshops.
You are someone with:
• 4-6 years experience in a Project Management, Account Management, Consulting, or Marketing/Communications Role with increasing responsibility
• Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or a related field/expertise
• Strong interpersonal skills: verbal, writing, and presentation skills
• Excellent facilitation skills to host client meetings and work collaboratively.
• Experience building & implementing marketing campaigns
• Familiarity with project management tools, CRM platforms, email systems, digital marketing, & analytics
• Great organizational skills – managing teams and deadlines
• Emotional Intelligence to proactively identify issues and share feedback.
Awesome to have:
• Knowledge of social enterprise and social finance
• Work experience in a consultancy or agency
• Experience in fundraising and/or community organizing • Expertise in PR/Media relations
• WordPress & graphic design skills
What we can offer you:
• Flexible, remote-first working environment
• 3 Weeks paid vacation plus a bonus week off at the end of December.
• Comprehensive Health & Benefits Program & RRSP Matching Plan
• Opportunity to help grow and shape an impactful social enterprise
• Opportunities for career growth, professional development, and continuous learning.
Deadline: Friday, January 29, 2021 at 6pm Applicants are encouraged to send their application as soon as possible as interviews may be scheduled on a rolling basis.
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF and send as a single attachment. Use your full name as the file name (i.e. MaryJones.pdf). Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, please address why you are interested in working with Tapestry, and how you would help to ensure the success of our client investment campaigns.
We thank you sincerely for your interest in working with us. We are a small (but mighty!) team, and only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. We believe that experience comes in many forms and that skills are transferable between sectors. We hire competent, confident people who share our values and exhibit a positive “can-do” attitude. We encourage you to apply if you feel that this opportunity speaks to you.
We are fully committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluating all applications without discrimination or bias. We are also committed to acting on the values of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. We value and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Should you require special accommodations due to a different set of abilities, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at 416-977-5093 ext. 0