Job Announcement: Full-time contract GOTV Canvasser, Future Majority
Location: Greater Toronto Area and York Region
Application Deadline: Applications are rolling, get yours in today!
Start Date: Rolling and as soon as possible, contract length is election dependent.
Salary Range: $21.50 an hour
Future Majority is seeking enthusiastic full-time Canvassers who canvass door to door, on streets and campuses, mobilizing hundreds of young people to take action in the federal election. Canvassers will be expected to memorize and recite scripts, be comfortable approaching and talking to the public, display knowledge of the issues like climate change, maintain a professional appearance, meet quotas and goals set by the manager, go through canvasser training and possibly train future canvassers as well. Working closely and reporting to the Field Manager, canvassers will mobilize young voters to take action in the federal election, making a tangible impact on the issues that matter most to young Canadians.
About Future Majority
Future Majority is a national nonpartisan non-profit, founded in 2018. Our mission is to amplify the concerns of young Canadians so that EVERY candidate, politician, and party is an advocate for youth priorities. We set the agenda and impact policy by demonstrating our electoral strength and organizing ourselves in the places that matter most to politicians. Our approach focuses on authentic, peer-to-peer organizing, power building in politically important ridings, and youth leadership development. We’re for young people, by young people. Our impact and credibility with young voters positions us to help set Canada’s agenda around young Canadians’ priorities.
In the 2019 federal election, Future Majority organized 26,000 students to vote across 15 competitive ridings in Ontario, Saskatchewan and New Brunswick. In four of the ridings, we mobilized more students to the polls than the vote margin of the two leading parties running. In addition, through over 200 news stories including 38 national news stories like the front page of the Sunday Toronto Star, we spread our message that young Canadians are the largest voting bloc and our priorities are bold action on climate change and affordability.
Want to know more? Check us out at futuremajority.ca.
- Canvass door to door, on streets and campuses, getting unlikely voters to pledge to vote in a federal election
- Attend canvasser training, with potential to lead trainings with future canvassers on your team
- Memorize and recite canvassing scripts, approach and engage with potential voters in a friendly and professional manner
- Be flexible to commute with your manager and team to different locations within your region
- Report to shifts in a timely manner, communicate clearly with your manager and maintain mutual respect with coworkers and your manager
Meet quotas and goals set by the manager to mobilize voters via canvassing
About you. You want to work somewhere that shares your values, rewards great work, and is open to new ideas. You’d love to work in a campaign job to make an impact during the election. Above all else, you believe that when people come together, we can change the course of history. The best part of your day is working with people. You want to get in on the ground of a dynamic organization who is making social change.
More specifically, you:
- Have strong communication skills, a good work ethic, and a passion for social change
- Have a commitment to non-partisan organizing and are willing to uphold nonpartisanship for the duration of your contract
- Are able to work within a team or independently, and value feedback
- Are willing and able to approach members of the public at their place of residence in a fast paced environment, and cover a large territory each day
- Can comfortably move outdoors for up to 5 hours a day
- Are available to work weekends and evenings
- Comfortable travelling within your region to canvassing turf
- Previous canvassing, sales, non-profit, customer service, or political campaign experience preferred but not required
Future Majority supports and encourages diversity and equity. We are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity. We welcome applications from everyone, and strongly encourage women, people of colour, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees & LGBTQ people to apply.