As a member of RTV’s Leadership Team, working directly with the CEO, the CoS builds strong relationships across the team and has a view across the teams and departments in connecting the dots to achieving RTV’s mission. The Chief of Staff is responsible for the execution and growth of the organization, completing the role with strategic focus and operational efficiency.
Direct Support to the CEO
- Work with the organization’s leaders to set strategic priorities, help identify areas where leaders should direct their focus as wellas metrics for success with on-going evaluation.
- Manage leadership time, evaluate external/internal opportunities, and assess their fit against priorities. The CoS ensures the CEOs' involvement in project or decision-making processes takes place at key times, where their input is most needed.
- Prepare CEO for upcoming meetings and follow-up by preparing all necessary information to be productive and engaged.
- Coordinate agendas and develop the cadence before leadership team, all-staff and board meetings
- Manage internal and external communications: As a partner to the CEO, the CoS will draft statements, pitch decks, speeches, and presentations on the CEO’s behalf.
Strategic Planning and Tactical Alignment
- Lead annual strategic planning process for the company by acting as a project manager and ensuring alignment with the CEO and leadership team across all departments.
- Oversee large, cross-functional, organization-wide projects or initiatives; bring together important stakeholders and help drive decisions and progress towards strategic priorities by facilitating coordination and communication
- Review of key performance indicators and drive the update of metrics and dashboards as needed making recommendations on programmatic and operational initiatives.
- Propose system enhancements and processes improvements to streamline operations.
Engaging Partners and Stakeholders:
- The CoS supports the CEO in maintaining strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders, stepping in to support partnerships by supplying background information for existing partners and representing the CEO when required.
- The CoS will maintain lists of potential new partners for outreach, and support relationship management with existing partners and stakeholders, setting up communications and meetings for ongoing relationship building.
- The CoS will ensure timely and appropriate communication to partners, stakeholders, and individual donors, with management of communication
Staffing and Team Management
- Manage hiring process and role descriptions for the leadership team reporting to the CEO. In partnership with the HR team, the CoS will ensure the management team is aligned with key strategic priorities and may also draft and post job descriptions, outline interview processes, and screen candidates at the leadership level.
- Management of North American office and team logistics support as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Master's degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Field implementation experience in a cross-cultural setting with a preference to experience in the East African context
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint with a familiarity with Salesforce, ArcGIS, Alteryx and statistical packages a plus
- Experience with data analysis and budget management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
To Be Successful in the Role:
- Ability to get things done: Results-driven and the ability to meet adversity with tenacity. A master organizer and with the ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
- Strategic mindset: A natural problem solver both analytical and structured in their thinking. Deeply understand business operations and can synthesize information to recommend a plan of action, process change and systems improvement.
- Leadership Traits: Self-aware and perceptive, positive, empathetic, flexible, and curious with the ability to keep track of every key project and connecting the dots. Confident and humble enough to work behind the scenes.
(Please note, you must have a Google account to submit your combined CV and cover letter)