Sustainability Network is a nonprofit capacity builder that has been serving the environmental nonprofit community across Canada for almost 25 years. We are located in Toronto at the Centre for Social Innovation. Most of our programming is online.
Our Communications Coordinator is taking a one year parental leave and this posting is a 12 month contract to fill in for the incumbent while they are away. The position is three days per week starting late November. The successful candidate can work remotely most of the time but needs to be available for occasional visits to the office and so should be based in Toronto or the GTA.
The Communications Coordinator leads and provides support on all of our communications (particularly events) and provides some IT help as well as volunteer management. You will be responsible for:
– creating of training webinar event landing pages and manage payment and registration functions
– design and dissemination of electronic communications (ie. event blasts) and editing and publishing a monthly Digest e-newsletter and updating an organizational report
– leading on event promotion to the nonprofit sector with an emphasis on environmental NGOs with the help of a volunteer
– (co)hosting numerous online capacity building events as well as managing associated service providers and assisted follow-up to registrants (circulating recording and slides)
– website management including updating event archives, some program page updates plus ensuring ongoing requirements (domain registration, web hosting, back-ups, and security) are in hand
– some IT related responsibilities such as organizational emails, shared drive management and occasionally office computers and printers
– some general administration, possibly drafting/development of proposals & funder follow-up reports and other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
Post-secondary education in communications or related fields.
Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, nonprofit preferred.
Strong experience using Zoom platform including hosting webinars, meetings, facilitating breakout sessions and managing online ticket sales and registration (Ticket Tailor).
Experienced with website management (Webflow) and basic knowledge of front-end web development.
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) and Canva.
Demonstrated experience in the development of web-based communications materials including social platform management (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
Computer proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Google applications.
Basic knowledge of video editing software.
Salary is $45 000 per annum prorated.
Applicants should submit a 1-2 page letter along with a resume (max 2 pages) outlining their suitability and interest in the position as well as how this part-time position suits their circumstances. Applications need to be provided by email to Executive Director Paul Bubelis (email@example.com) by end of day October 22. References and samples of writing and design work may be requested of those who are interviewed. Interviews will take place on Zoom. Please, no phone calls.