We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, and skilled individual to work in a fastpaced environment. This is a part-time position (20 hrs/week) until December 31, 2023 with
possibility of extension, pending performance and funding availability.
This is a work-from-home position.
The Canadian Association for Girls In Science (CAGIS) is an award-winning
national not-for-profit organization that supports interest in Science, Technology, Trades, Engineering,
and Mathematics (STEM) among girls, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming youth. CAGIS has a
strong and sustained reputation in STEM outreach and education. CAGIS Local Clubs meet monthly to
explore STEM with fun, hands-on activities led by experts in a variety of STEM fields. CAGIS Virtual
brings STEM to the homes of participants with live virtual sessions full of fun, hands-on activities led
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
We are seeking a committed and highly skilled communicator with excellent
writing skills, creativity, and strong analytical and strategic thinking. Duties will include:
• developing and implementing a communications strategy;
• creating public relations and marketing materials such as press releases, blog posts, and
• writing content for print and web, including the organization’s website, brochures, and newsletter;
• tracking and reporting analytics of marketing and communications campaigns;
• responding to media inquiries and maintaining relationships with members of the press;
• performing outreach and building strategic partnerships with collaborators, press outlets,
magazines, and influencers;
• performing other emerging communications duties as identified.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
• Communications experience;
• Excellent writing competencies and oral communication;
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment with volunteers, staff, partners, and
• Experience developing and organizing written materials in a cohesive, structured, and logical
• Excellent time management, planning, and follow through.
Bilingualism in French and English and knowledge of diversity and inclusion challenges (particularly
those influencing gender equity in education and the workplace) could be assets.
This is a part-time position (approx. 20 hours per week) beginning in December, 2021 and ending
December 31, 2022, with possibility of extension pending performance and funding availability. The
annual salary is $30,000-$35,000 (based on training and experience) with 2% annual increases,
renewed annually pending budget approval and performance review.
The successful candidate will need to undergo a vulnerable sector check prior to being hired.
CAGIS is actively committed to diversity and the principles of Employment Equity. Women, Black,
Indigenous, and People of Colour, LGBTQ2+, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to
apply and to voluntarily self-identify as a member of a designated group.
To apply, please upload the following as one pdf document at GirlsInScience.ca/Were-Hiring:
• Cover letter and résumé or c.v.
• Answers to CAGIS Candidate Information Questions (max 1 page response; see below)
• Examples of two or more written communications you have completed in your work or training
Applications will be reviewed beginning November 18, 2021, and will continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interviews will be held via videoconference.
CAGIS CANDIDATE INFORMATION QUESTIONS
Please summarize your experiences, skills, and qualifications in the following areas (max 1 page for
responses to all questions).
1. Coordinating communication efforts for businesses, not-for-profits, or other groups.
2. Writing competencies and oral communication skills.
3. Experience with marketing and public relations.
4. Ability to work independently and in a team environment with volunteers, staff, partners, and
5. Self direction, time management, planning, and follow through.
6. Additional skills, experiences, qualifications, or assets you would like to mention.
7. If you wish to self-identify as a member of a designated group, please do so here.
Have you ever been convicted of a criminal code offence? Yes No