Fontbonne Ministries is a non-profit, community-based charitable organization that offers diverse programming in an accepting, inclusive environment. Our services include the provision of affordable housing, access to food, clothing and hygiene products, wellness services and -shared community space to foster connections. Populations served include primarily vulnerable persons, as well as seniors, , and people experiencing social isolation.
Fontbonne Ministries was founded in June 2000 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto to respond to changing societal needs. Sponsorship of Fontbonne Ministries was transferred to Catholic Health Sponsors of Ontario (CHSO) in 2022.
The Community Administrative Support role is accountable for the smooth oversight of the reception area at the Fontbonne Ministries Mustard Seed 791 Queen St E site, and for various administrative and operational functions. This is a pivotal, busy role in that is the first point of contact for the public. It requires unwavering hospitality and courtesy be demonstrated towards a diverse population, including vulnerable people and older adults. This is an integral role that deals with competing priorities and requires comfort and understanding with vulnerable populations. This unique role supports all members of the team with their program operations, as well as responding to participant needs, in a busy work environment.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Assisting with tracking program metrics and data entry for reporting purposes.
- Screening, booking and scheduling participants for various programs and providing updates as relevant.
- Preparing team correspondence, including meeting minutes, and program reports as required.
- Assisting with organizing special events which may include preparing materials, and scheduling duties.
- Engaging actively in organizational training sessions, planning sessions, staff meetings.
- Participating in special projects and research activities as required.
- Serving on internal and/or external committees as required.
Public, Program and Participant Support
- Welcoming & greeting the public, including triaging requests, – -implementing infection prevention control requirements, and directing participants and visitors to programs or areas in the building forservice.
- Working with team members in preventing and appropriately handling crises in programs and in the building.
- Attending to diverse program support needs, including but not limited to assisting with setting up, monitoring supplies, tracking registration and bookings, and cleaning up.
- Providing general community service resource information to program participants upon request.
- Answering questions about the organization and Fontbonne Ministries programming.
- Answering the reception phone and monitor all incoming general voicemail messages, and email inquiries.
- Assisting with photocopying, faxing, and preparing informationprogram/training packages.
- Maintaining daily program attendance, sign-in, and scheduling logs.
- Supports event/meeting preparation through recording, collating and distributing communication.
- Ordering and maintaining office and program supplies.
- Maintaining petty cash and receipt tracking.
- Perform other duties as required, which may include addressing facility needs.
- Provide backup to other program staff during periods of vacation, illness, or other absences.
- Diploma in business/office administration, an asset or equivalent work experience.
- First Aid/Level C CPR Certificate (or willingness to obtain) an asset.
- De-escalation training or CPI Training is an asset.
- Experience working with individuals who are precariously housed or homeless, and persons living with complex behaviours, including mental health and substance use issues or combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of direct experience in an Administrative (or related capacity) is an asset.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anti-racism/anti-oppression approaches.
- Aptitude to work independently as well as collaboratively within teams.
- Ability to interact with people living with a wide range of social, emotional, physical, financial and/or mental health issues.
- Demonstrates capacity to thrive in a dynamic work environment requiring excellent troubleshooting skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, focused and able to prioritize a busy workload.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Shows initiative
- Team Player
- Comfortable working in a faith-based environment.
- May require bending and lifting intermittently.
- Some evening and weekend availability may be required.
- May require flexibility in working locations and working remotely.
Please send your CV and cover letter in one PDF document to email@example.com, noting “Community Administrative Support” on the subject line.
Fontbonne Ministries values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please note that in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.