We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Hospitality & Culinary Operations Coordinator who is passionate about creating exceptional moments and gets excited about the world of food and beverages. This individual will play a pivotal role in the success of new and innovative pop-up activations, events and food and beverage programs at Evergreen Brick Works.
With a strong commitment to quality, creativity and community, Evergreen takes pride in delivering exceptional food and beverage services to a diverse and enthusiastic audience. As we expand and evolve, we’re excited to welcome a Coordinator, Hospitality & Culinary Operations who shares this passion and will be instrumental in helping us achieve our vision. This Coordinator, Hospitality & Culinary Operations is responsive, has a focus on teamwork, thrives in a dynamic event planning environment and recognizes that small details help shape the big picture.
Evergreen is a national non-profit transforming public spaces in our cities to build a healthier future for people and our planet.
With over 30 years of championing urban sustainability, we see the potential of our cities to solve some of the biggest issues facing our time and believe that our public spaces are the key to unlocking it. We see beyond the spaces that exist today and imagine them transformed into places where people and nature thrive. And we see a future where everyone can live a healthy life on a healthy planet.
Evergreen Brick Works is one of Toronto’s most sought-after reception and event facilities. Nestled in Toronto’s lush ravines in a setting of awe-inspiring heritage buildings, Evergreen Brick Works is a truly unique setting for events.
About the Role:
The Coordinator, Hospitality & Culinary Operations will work primarily with our Director, Events & Hospitality and our Sr. Manager, Events & Logistics to support the planning and execution of food and beverage pop-ups and events at Evergreen Brick Works.
Food & Beverage Pop Ups & Event Execution
- Collaborate with Events & Hospitality team and Visitor Experience team to launch and assist in executing a successful food and beverage programs and pop-ups.
- Coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and staff to guarantee smooth operations.
- Provide excellent customer service, including addressing customer inquiries and resolving issues promptly and professionally.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective vendors and suppliers, collecting and tracking payments and contracts
- Support on-site activation and festival execution on an as-needed basis
- Collaborate with the Events & Hospitality team to plan and execute diverse events, ensuring seamless integration of food and beverage services
- Support retail operations of the Sipping Container
- Support the development of Evergreen Brick works’ incubator kitchen, fostering emerging culinary talent and innovative food concepts
- Suggest and implement improvements to enhance the customer experience.
- Help to ensure that festivals and food programming are executed in a safe, orderly and disciplined manner in accordance with Evergreen’s policies and Health & Safety standards.
- Manage the ordering and receiving of beverages, including alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks
- Maintain accurate inventory levels and place orders to restock as needed
- Inspect deliveries for accuracy and quality, resolving any discrepancies
- Oversee the storage and organization of food and beverage inventory
- Conduct regular inventory checks to minimize waste and maximize efficiency
- Implement best practices for inventory control and reporting
- Support Event Managers with event beverage operations; pulling product pre-event and reconciling post event
- Contribute to special projects as they emerge, such as building new tracking mechanisms and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation, and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
You have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or certificate in Hospitality/Events, or equivalent lived experience
- 1+ years of hospitality experience, with a preference given to restaurant, catering, venue or hotel
- Experience with food and beverage ordering and inventory management is considered an asset
- Familiarity with POS systems and the ability to learn new technology
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated success
- Fundamental understanding of accounting principles for hospitality
- Advanced MS Office, Excel experience
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience using event software, such as Caterease, is considered an asset
- Smart Serve certification required
- Supervised by: Director, Hospitality & Events
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
- Office environment during regular working hours, as well as onsite on weekends and evenings as required
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting heavy objects on a regular basis
- Doing repetitive tasks with few breaks, etc.
- Permanent, full-time
- Target Hire Rate: $48,000 – $52,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Personal Days (aka Evergreen Days) and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: February 4, 2024
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*