Role Description: Coordinator, Trillium Housing 1
Position Title: Coordinator, Trillium Housing
Start Date: Immediate
Pay: Annual Salary of $45,000, salaried position.
Trillium Housing was formed to create housing affordability, making home ownership possible for low- and moderate-income families. We are dedicated to investing in the development of entry level ownership housing. We provide innovative financing to enable modest-income families purchase their home through the provision of the shared-equity Trillium Mortgage.
Coordinator, Role & Responsibilities
The coordinator, plays an important role in achieving our social good by carrying out a
wide variety of activities, including:
1. Externally Oriented Activities
- Directly serve clients interested in the Trillium Mortgage Program and assist them through the process of receiving a Trillium Mortgage.
- Acting as the person of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Creation and distribution of marketing materials, social media content (for LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) and presentations for internal and external purposes.
- Maintenance of Trillium Housing website with external media partner.
- Meetings and events coordination
2. Corporate Activities and Administration
- Maintenance of SharePoint Online.
- Tending to client phone calls and e-mails.
- Planning and coordination of Board Meetings, Board agendas and reports as well as distribution of these material.
- Report drafting and submission to various institutions.
- Maintenance of corporate policy and procedures manual, and researching and recommending improvements to the policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of corporate minute books for all companies in the Trillium
- Housing Group with advice and assistance from the external legal counsel.
- Managing the orderly operation of the Trillium Housing office, in particular information technology equipment and services.
- Other admin related duties as required.
3. Accounting – The coordinator will maintain basic accounting for Trillium Housing.
- Record, manage and maintain transactions.
- Maintain all account invoices and receipts and input them to QuickBooks.
- Reconcile band and visa statements.
- Retrieving financial reports as required.
4. Mortgage Applicant Coordination
- Liaising with clients and referring to Trillium Housings contracted Mortgage Broker. Trillium Housing and the Coordinator are not Licenced Brokers and therefore all Regulated Activities are carried out by the Mortgage Broker.
- Client data management and reporting
- Managing Trillium Mortgage fund flows, client 1st mortgages (received by credit union partners) and preparing mortgage discharge statements.
Trillium Housing is a highly collegial business, and the coordinator will operate under the direction the Principal.
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online
- Strong knowledge of the full Microsoft Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook) and social media
- Understanding of finance, bookkeeping.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong command of English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, take on new challenges and grow in the role
Although we require an administrator who already has strong core skills, we recognize that not everyone starts out expert at all facets of a wide variety of tasks and we will help employees improve their overall skills with internal mentoring and coaching and in some cases, if appropriate, external training. Please note that this position will be a hybrid position and you will be required to come into work a few times a week.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative capacity (preferably communications, finance and/or mortgage related)
- Post-secondary education
Interested applicants please submit your resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com