Job Title: Development and Communications Coordinator
Location: Virtual and occasionally on-site at 192 Spadina Ave. in Toronto, Canada
Application Deadline: Friday, November 17, 2023
Start Date: Monday, January 8, 2023
About StopGap Foundation:
StopGap Foundation is a registered charitable organization dedicated to creating a world where every person can access every space. Our mission is to help communities discover the benefit of barrier-free spaces and provide support to create them. We achieve this by building brightly coloured, deployable access ramps that remove physical barriers to entry as well as through educational programs, and community engagement.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Development and Communications Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors in implementing the Foundation’s “Fund Development Strategy”. Additionally, the Development & Communications Coordinator will help develop and implement communications and public relations strategies. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to accessibility and inclusivity, along with excellent communication and organizational skills.
1. Support the organization’s priority fundraising programs and activities including seeking and writing grants, growing StopGap’s monthly donor community, stewarding existing donors and supporters, recruiting new corporate partners, and the organization’s annual Ramp Up fundraising event.
2. Support and help execute the organization’s communications strategy, including creating and maintaining engaging content for the organization’s website, social media, email and newsletter campaigns, and public relations.
3. Manage the production and distribution of marketing materials, including brochures, press releases, and promotional items.
4. Collaborate with the staff team and Board members to plan and execute events, campaigns, and initiatives.
5. Monitor and report on the impact of communication efforts and adjust strategies as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Communications, Business, Public Relations or a related field, and
2. Certificate in Fundraising, diploma in Fundraising or similar qualification and/or fundraising and marketing experience.
1. Integrity and leadership abilities.
2. Strong problem-solving, written, and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail.
3. Knowledge of communication strategies for charitable outcomes.
4. Proficiency in social media management and email marketing platforms.
5. Experience in graphic design and content creation.
6. Excellent organizational and project management skills for multi-tasking several projects and tasks at one time while balancing priorities.
7. Passion for accessibility and social inclusion.
8. Strong team player and ability to create and maintain excellent working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
9. Ability to make personal connections with members of the community.
10. Ability to work independently and without supervision.
11. Technological competence in word processing, spreadsheets, creating presentations, and basic design.
12. Previous experience in the charitable sector is a plus.
13. Knowledge of the latest federal and provincial legislations as it applies to registered charities.
14. Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency’s charitable giving tax guidelines for charitable receipting.
32.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (virtual and occasionally on-site), with occasional evening or weekend work required.
Starting Salary: $46,000 per year*, plus benefits, and vacation entitlement.
*Prorated for part-time hours, $46K is equivalent to $61K for a full-time position.
How to Apply:
If you are a creative and motivated individual who is passionate about accessibility and inclusivity, we’d love to hear from you. Please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Development & Communications Coordinator job posting” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
StopGap Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process.