IT and Digital Advocacy Specialist
The Small Change Fund helps communities across Canada generate fast, flexible funding for projects that find solutions to environmental problems. We use our award-winning crowdfunding platform to help community leaders raise the funding they need to get their projects into action and create tangible impacts in their communities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic advocate with strong IT skills to join our growing team.
In order to excel in this newly created role you will have to move fast, think hard and be ready to roll-up your sleeves. Working collaboratively and "assisting with a smile" will define your day-to-day.
The Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support services for our online crowdsourcing platform.
- Generate digital content.
- Assist with engagement organizing
- Manage E-commerce & Customer Relations Management applications.
- Manage storage and digital inventory systems.
- Cloud drives, hard drives and software subscription.
- Support users with all requests for technical assistance via email or phone.
- Diagnose, resolve and analyze problems.
- Training staff on how to use the platform and other applications.
Knowledge and skills
- Good working knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks.
- Solid commitment to environmental improvement.
- Ability to track the back-end of multiple online projects and campaigns.
- Working knowledge of E-commerce and CRN applications.
- Ability to store all required data from donors.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Please kindly note to qualify for this job you have to meet the following criteria:
- Recent graduates from a post-secondary program
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Not having previously participated to a Youth Employment Strategy Program in the same organization
- Available to work for at least ten months and 40 working hours per week
The position $33,000 per year and has some benefits.
February 22, 2019
To apply please send your cover letter and c.v. to: