The Hospitality and Events team at Evergreen Brick Works is looking to add to its team Event Venue Supervisors. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing events including BEO execution, vendor management and client relations. With a can-do attitude and a focus on teamwork, the Event Venue Supervisor thrives in a fast-paced environment and recognizes that small details help shape the big picture.
Evergreen is a national non-profit transforming public spaces in our cities to build a healthier future for people and our planet.
With over 30 years of championing urban sustainability, we see the potential of our cities to solve some of the biggest issues facing our time and believe that our public spaces are the key to unlocking it. We see beyond the spaces that exist today and imagine them transformed into places where people and nature thrive. And we see a future where everyone can live a healthy life on a healthy planet.
Evergreen Brick Works is one of Toronto’s most sought-after reception and event facilities. Nestled in Toronto’s lush ravines in a setting of awe-inspiring heritage buildings, Evergreen Brick Works is a truly unique setting for events. The Brick Works offers a variety of facilities from corporate meeting rooms to large receptions venues.
About the Role:
The Venue Supervisor will be the main Evergreen point of contact during Events. The role will include providing support to the Event Manager and catering team as well as overseeing all venue related event logistics. The Venue Supervisor will communicate with event clients and suppliers as an Evergreen Ambassador to facilitate their needs during the event.
- Ensure client and guest satisfaction throughout the event.
- Assist clients and guests with special requests as required.
- Problem solve event issues that arise on site.
- Represent Evergreen in a professional and courteous manner.
Venue and Operations
- Client point of contact for all venue related event logistics.
- Evergreen point of contact for all suppliers at the event including but not limited to caterer, staffing agency, Audio visual, security and décor.
- Ensure the venue is at a state of readiness at beginning and end of event.
- Supervise load in and out of equipment, rentals, etc.
- Liaise with Event Manager to ensure event set up and itineraries are followed and on track.
- Supervise beverage staff and reconcile opening and closing beverage inventory.
- Liaise with event suppliers as necessary.
- Facilitate the support of facilities as required by the event.
- Liaise with off-site emergency contacts as necessary (flood, site manager, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the provincial liquor legislation at all time during the event.
- Ensure that the venue is run in a safe, orderly and disciplined manner in accordance with Evergreen’s policies and Health & Safety requirements.
- Seasonally, support retail operations of the Sipping Container, including serving customers.
- Support the Hospitality Team with event execution.
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication.
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection.
You excel in the following areas:
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen.
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
You have the following qualifications:
- 1+ years in a team supervisor role
- Demonstrated background in customer service
- Hospitality experience a must, with a preference to catering, staffing agency or event venue experience
- Smart serve certified
- First-aid/CPR certification an asset
- Supervised by Senior Manager, Events & Logistics
- Dotted line reporting to Event Manager
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto.
- Able to work anywhere across the 11-acre site including outdoors.
- Fast paced environment.
- Working hours are varied and depend on event bookings – availability on evenings and weekends, some early mornings may be required.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Some lifting of heavy objects
- Casual, hourly
- Pay rate: $25.50 per hour
Application Close Date: February 4, 2024. Please note we will be screening applications as they are received, and applicants may be contacted before the application close date.
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*