For over 30 years, the Toronto Environmental Alliance (TEA) has campaigned locally to find solutions to Toronto’s urban environmental problems. As a not-for-profit organization, we advocate on behalf of all Torontonians for a green, healthy and equitable city. TEA is recognized Canada-wide for our municipal work on climate change, waste reduction, and other issues we believe are critical to the health and well-being of Toronto residents.
The Greener City Celebration:
TEA is seeking an Event Coordinator to lead the coordination of our annual year-end event, the Greener City Celebration (GCC). The GCC brings together our community of supporters and collaborators for an evening of good fun, conversation and entertainment. We are pleased to be holding an in-person celebration once again at Lula Lounge on December 5th!
This short term position is ideal for an independent contractor with a flexible schedule, as the commitment of hours increases closer to the event.
Experience and skills:
- Proven track record of planning and coordination events, including logistics, venue liaison, run of show, overall project tracking, management of staff and volunteer roles on event day
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently but with a high degree of accountability
- Collaborative with a get things done outlook
- Approximately 3-5 hours per week until mid November
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week from mid November to early December
- Must be available to work a full day until the event close at 10pm on December 5, 2023
Arrangements and compensation:
- Independent contractor compensated at $24/hr; invoice biweekly
- Work-from-home but with occasional meetings at TEA’s office and visits to the event venue
Please submit a resume with a 1-page cover letter describing your relevant skills and experience by Monday, October 16th, to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
TEA encourages Indigenous people and members of equity-owed groups to apply and self-identify. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.