We are looking to hire an experienced diversity educator who is looking for an opportunity to work at a unique boutique firm that specializes in justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) leadership.
We primarily seek an equity educator who has significant experience with discussing and teaching equity concepts to offer trainings and some consulting based on our award-winning Deep Diversity® methodology*. Having said that, we are a small team and this full-time position requires you to be extremely flexible and do whatever it takes to get things done, from research and client management through to completing mundane office tasks. This position would ideally be based in Toronto, Canada but we are open to any North American applicants.
- You already have over 5 years experience under your belt offering adult-based education workshops/ trainings including on topics such as diversity, inclusion, anti-oppression and conflict resolution. We will be mentoring you in our Deep Diversity methodology® and facilitation approach.
- You have strong experience facilitating and working with various equity-seeking communities.
- You have some experience with organizational development, organizational change or systems change processes (eg. strategic planning, organizational audit/ assessment, policy creation etc.)
- You are both a team player and a self-starter who wants to make a difference in the world by teaching people about what it means to build inclusive, equitable work environments.
- Your formal or informal education background already provides a macro view of the world that exposes the dynamics of systemic discrimination, social power and privilege. Words like colonialism, patriarchy, White Supremacy and intersectionality are familiar to you.
- You are committed to developing your inner self and have some comfort discussing your strengths, limitations and triggers with team members in order to prevent, and resolve, inter-personal conflict. You also have a willingness to share select parts of your journey to support the learning of workshop participants.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to manage relationships with colleagues and clients.
Other Helpful Skills
- Some independent consulting experience an asset.
- Fluency in French, both written and spoken
- Qualitative and quantitative research and writing skills
- Social media talent
- Ability to write RFPs, grant proposals, etc.
Starting Salary: $55- 70, 000 FT salaried position (with annual salary increases), 9am-5pm EST (Monday-Friday). Health benefits after one year. You will also be in a super positive, supportive and dynamic work environment committed to on-going personal and organizational growth, as well as world change
About Anima Leadership
Anima Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage equity-seeking candidates to apply, especially those who identify as racial minorities, Indigenous, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2S or women. Of course, we recognize and honour the intersectionality of equity-based identities.
Please apply online through our website: AnimaLeadership.com. To ensure consistency and fairness in the process, we will only review candidates that have submitted through our on-line application process. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Timeline and Key Dates
- Closing date – Monday, April 5th, 2021
- Interviews (first stage) – May 5th and 6th, 2021
- Start date: Between May 17th and June 1st, 202