Kitchen Staff will primarily be responsible for running the kitchen during breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack service, or some combination thereof. They will be responsible for meal preparation, service and cleanup for drop-in guests, while providing direction to volunteers and Support Staff.
- Food preparation, cooking and plating for up to 100 guests;
- Kitchen maintenance and general cleaning;
- Dishwashing, sorting, organizing;
- Maintaining an awareness of available food product;
- Assisting and directing kitchen volunteer staff, & students;
- Attending kitchen staff meetings as necessary;
- De-escalating and resolving conflict with assistance from Support Staff;
- Following the general leadership of the Kitchen Supervisor;
- Reporting any relevant information to the Kitchen Supervisor and Drop-In Manager;
- Following food and safety requirements and helping maintain a clean and organized workspace;
- Practice and adhere to health and safety protocols including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, safety footwear etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of high school or equivalent
- Valid Safe Food Handler’s Certification Required
- Knowledge of health and safety protocols
- Must be familiar with anti-oppressive practice, and low-barrier service provision
Minimum 1 year working in a busy commercial kitchen
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities in a busy space
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to deal with diverse populations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communicator
- Team player
- Work well in a fast paced environment
- Attention to Detail
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large.
- Interaction with others under varying circumstances-including situations of a highly sensitive nature.
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- High levels of trauma content and pressure
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting.
- Exposure to infectious waste or illnesses.
- Safety precautions due to proximity with hazardous materials and/or contagious diseases.
- Travel between locations and some scheduled overtime is associated with this position
Schedule: Part Time
Saturday & Sunday
**Please mail your cover letter with resume to James at email@example.com.
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Successful candidates will be required to provide Background check consent and proof of full Covid-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment.