Please apply through the original posting at http://angel.co/l/2vLenD
We’re looking for people with grit, integrity, and drive. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t match the job description below. Your skills and experience will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Muuvment, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
We are a SaaS company currently offering two B2B products: One to complement traditional and progressive industry leader’s sustainability campaigns (CSR/ESG); and the other to support major wellness and productivity initiatives.
In this role, you will work closely with the operations, sales, leadership, and creative teams to develop our brand, help us generate leads, and perform marketing experiments. Most importantly, you’ll help lead the charge toward meeting our ambitious growth goals.
Your role is uniquely positioned to be the bridge between Muuvment and the outside world, and as such it will be inherently cross-functional. The knowledge you accumulate as you interact with the market will be foundational to improving Muuvment’s brand, value statement, and market positioning.
From a marketing perspective, you will both execute on and continuously improve the existing process, from refining target accounts and buyer personas to identifying and expanding on the most appealing parts of our value proposition.
About the Job
- We’re seeking a driven Marketing Manager with start-up energy and a track record of successfully generating qualified leads.
- Design and execute a broad mix of marketing strategies, tactics, and systems, consisting of SEO/content, paid ads, partnerships, email, influencer, etc.
- Manage marketing to potential leads in various niches across organization types, product types, and functions.
- Manage and grow a marketing team, consisting of a mix of contractors and full-time employees.
- Create repeatable playbooks in order to be able to scale our marketing activities.
- Set up and track various metrics, ensuring that our marketing efforts are improving over time.
Things we look for
We value a mix of hard and soft skills, as well as alignment to our core values, in all of our people. Some specific qualities for this role include:
Broad marketing experience: The ideal candidate will have had 5+ years of experience with a wide range of marketing activities, including content marketing, SEO, paid advertising, and others, preferably in a fast-growing environment.
Management experience: The ideal candidate will have had 2+ years of experience with managing a team.
Balance between strategy and execution: The ideal candidate should be able to take both a 10,000 ft view of a problem (e.g. what should our strategy be for this?) and a 1 ft view of the problem (e.g. what setting do I need to tweak in Google Analytics?).
Excellence in writing and general communication: The role will require communicating semi-complex concepts with groups of people who care about different things, so the ideal candidate should be a very clear writer and communicator.
Proclivity for tinkering and setting up systems: We believe in setting up low-overhead systems to help us manage every part of our work, so the ideal candidate should enjoy tinkering with such systems.
Organization and track record of getting things done: This role requires managing many projects at once, so the ideal candidate should be able to tackle and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
Required Experience and Skills
- Based in Canada/USA/UK (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- 5+ years’ experience and a track record of success working with startups in growth and performance marketing, preferably with a B2B organization
- Proven success in designing and implementing a long-term and data-driven growth marketing strategy
- Analytical and data-driven; enjoy working iteratively and experimenting
- Experience with ad management tools like Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords, etc.
- Experience attracting and converting customers from multiple countries/regions
- Experience working remotely for a fast-growing startup
- Ability to quickly switch between high-level strategy and scrappy, hands-on execution
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Previous experience working in an early-stage company, navigating the complexities of a startup environment
- Work from home / remote work
- Impact-first work environment
- Game-changing company vision
- Coming soon: Stock options, employee benefits, unlimited PTO