Sustainability Network is searching for an enthusiastic and experienced Part-Time IT & Communications Coordinator to join us in our work supporting the Canadian environmental NGO community with organizational capacity and learning opportunities. The Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to provide communications, technical and other support to our small but mighty office.
About Sustainability Network
Our mission is to strengthen environmental nonprofit leadership. The Sustainability Network works with ENGOs to make them more effective and efficient by improving their management and leadership skills and fostering organizational development. Sustainability Network is Canada’s leading hub for convening, advising, and mobilizing the environmental not-for-profit community, its leaders, and partners.
We are an entrepreneurial, nimble, results-oriented organization and work in a friendly, dynamic and fast-paced office environment in downtown Toronto.
- Create event registration pages for the website and ensure interactions (links to contact database, webinar platform, payment gateway, bookkeeping, back-ups) and ‘backend’ function well.
- Manage our e-mail service provider and webhosting accounts (including SSL certificate update/installation).
- Lead the design, production and distribution of all electronic communications including event announcements, monthly newsletter, and an annual report.
- Maintain and update the content of the Sustainability Network’s website including upcoming events, program descriptions and an event archive.
Management & Administration
- Assist with event logistics and hosting of workshops and webinars.
- Occasionally assemble draft proposals and donor reports.
- Manage an office volunteer.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are:
- An excellent communicator – You always get your message across clearly and effectively, whether a casual email or a professional communication piece.
- Organized – You can manage competing priorities, and stay on track of tight deadlines without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- A creative thinker – You have an analytical mind and want to know the “why” behind what works, allowing you to find creative solutions to problems.
- Post-secondary education in communications or related field
- Minimum 2–3 years of relevant nonprofit experience ideally in the environmental community.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of web-based communications materials. Excellent editing and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, project management, problem-solving and organizational skills. An ability to work well independently and with a team.
Desirable assets include:
- Interest in facilitating communications among diverse nonprofit organizations.
- Collaborative mindset and experience stewarding important relationships and working with multiple stakeholders.
- Interest in capacity building, management training and leadership development programs.
- Ability to broaden and strengthen our network (e.g. identify potential new parters and outreach opportunities, assist with relationship-building).
- Demonstrated commitment to the environmental and social change, with a solid understanding of current environmental issues.
- Ability to decipher the ED’s messy handwriting.
The salary for this 2 day/week permanent position is $18,000 per annum. Our need is ongoing and there are opportunities for advancement.
To apply, email a letter of interest including how this PT arrangement fits your situation and resume to email@example.com with IT & Communications Coordinator in the subject. Sustainability Network supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity. This position will remain open until filled, the successful candidate will start in September.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.