Relay Education is a national charity that delivers unique and engaging renewable energy, environment, and career programs for all ages. Relay is creating systemic change for a greener future and fostering the next generation of green energy leaders. As our programs enter the 16th year of delivery, we are seeking an ambitious individual to help us deliver our mission to educate and inspire individuals and communities in building a 100% renewable energy future.
As the Podcast Host and Editor, you will work closely with Relay’s Green Careers Program Manager to create episodes for In the Green Chair podcast (https://www.relayeducation.com/in-the-green-chair/). This is a paid internship with full-time hours throughout the duration of the internship.
During the internship, you will host conversations with green professionals and ask questions about them, their career, and the industry they work in. You will be the voice of the podcast and make episodes entertaining and relatable for listeners. You will contact and create positive relationships with professionals from green businesses and organizations across Canada. After recording each interview, you will be responsible for editing the audio and video versions. These conversations will be published online for Canadian youth to listen to.
The successful candidate will benefit from being part of a hard-working team dedicated to the environment and education. You will have the opportunity to add your voice to our Green Careers program and share your opinions with the public. This also will provide an opportunity to add meaningful and unique work experience to your career.
- Passionate about the environment and climate justice issues
- Someone who has content ideas, strong creativity and is comfortable expressing their perspectives and opinions
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with video editing is required
- Innovative and creative
- Be an active listener
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Comfortable being recorded on video/audio
- Fluent in English
Internship Details & How To Apply
$20/hour, 40 hours/week
Start date: Oct 18, 2021
End date: March 31, 2022
Applicants must be age 30 or younger, and must be a post-secondary grad
If you are interested, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In your cover letter, tell us:
- Why you want to be the host of the In the Green Chair podcast
- Which episode of the podcast you enjoyed the most and why
- Tell us one thing we could do to improve the podcast and why
- What direction you would like to take the podcast in for the next season
- If you have samples of video that highlight your interview or editing skills, please include this in your application
We are judging applications more on what you say and what we can glean from your cover letter rather than your work experience. Let your personality shine through in your cover letter and tell us why you want to be the Podcast Host of In the Green Chair season 2.
Deadline to apply is 5:00 PM on Wednesday, October 6, 2021.