Job Title: Program and Grants Coordinator
Reporting To: Director Programs or Designate
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years
Location: Toronto (hybrid)
Travel Required: Up to 20%
Terms: Full-time continuing with 6 month probation
About Raising The Village
We are Raising The Village, a non-profit international development organization on a mission to end ultra-poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. What started as a small start-up in 2012 has now become a fast-growing organization with 100+ national staff in Uganda and a team of 8 people in Toronto and New York, working together to lift communities out of ultra-poverty in last-mile villages in Uganda. To date we have supported more than 600,000 people through our innovative holistic approach. We have achieved this tremendous growth with the help of amazing funders and partners from all around the globe who believe in our model and impact. Find out more about our programs and impact at: www.raisingthevillage.org.
The Programs and Grants Coordinator will be responsible for supporting our Programs and Partnerships teams on project management, coordination, and reporting for governmental and/or bilateral grants, and foundation-funded projects. You are someone who is exceptional at analyzing program data (outputs and outcomes) on the one hand, and on the other are able to paint a picture with that data to write complex funder reports and proposals. You love Logic Models and Performance Measurement Frameworks, and complex reporting frameworks and are comfortable with coordinating projects in a multi-stakeholder, fast-paced environment with the highest attention to detail. You are curious and believe in the importance of knowledge creation and mobilization to advance our growth.
Grant Writing, Compliance, and Reporting:
- Manage and coordinate complex government, bilateral and foundation grant reporting (particularly restricted grants) throughout the lifecycle of the grant in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders, with the understanding that these activities inform, and support programmatic and operational process refinements.
- Serve as the liaison between Implementation, Planning, Evaluation & Learning, Finance, Partnerships, Procurement, Technical and Leadership teams, to organize all data and information required for funder reporting for government and foundation funding so that all activities related to grant data collection and reporting are smoothly implemented.
- Responsibility for researching, writing, compiling, and managing the timeline of all grants including maintenance and oversight of workflow processes and procedures to ensure accurate and efficient collection and timely submission.
- Work collaboratively to determine and understand the needs of the funder and the organization to create and maintain systems for coordinating grant reporting requirements.
- Compile programmatic and operational reports, data, and other relevant material required for grant reports and contracts.
- Maintain a process to monitor grant compliance and implementation in collaboration with the leadership team and staff.
- Advise and support leadership team and staff concerning grant startup and grant management issues and provide ongoing knowledge translation related to the grant and reporting compliance.
- Strategize, research, develop, and write grant requests and related reports to international government, corporate, or foundation funding sources. Coordinate final submission of grant proposals by gathering and organizing materials required. Grant writing will be primarily for government or bilateral opportunities, however private foundation applications will be required, especially restricted funding.
- Work collaboratively with the teams in a cross functional setting to develop relevant communications materials in support of grant writing, reporting, funder relations, evaluation and knowledge mobilization
Knowledge Mobilization and Process Development:
- Engage with staff to acquire and document knowledge to inform grant writing and reporting, and mobilize the learnings to inform processes, systems and practices to ensure organizational readiness for current and future grant opportunities.
- Build staff and organizational capacity, and provide ongoing support to staff to manage and report on complex grants.
- Assure appropriate due diligence procedures are in place and utilized.
- Continually improve grants management process, and update systems and
- Monitor and coordinate with multiple departments to ensure that administrative policies and budgeting of programming aligns with donor requirements
- Participation in organizational activities including weekly staff meetings (with North American and Ugandan staff)
- Other duties as required
Required Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years previous experience as a grant writer in an international development/nonprofit organization for complex and data-driven programs.
- Understanding of Government & Bilateral agencies’ funding interests, needs, and trends in the non-profit sector.
- Strong understanding of programs, Logic Model, PMF, and M&E processes and high proficiency in data analysis.
- Works well under pressure, with the ability and confidence needed to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management software. Superior Excel skills are required.
- Experience in writing clearly, concisely, and with attention to detail for multiple audiences.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work independently and as a team player, and flexibility to take on tasks beyond the core area of expertise.
- Strong research and financial analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation & Growth
Salary Range: CAD $55k – 70k per year – commensurate with experience
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits (one month after joining), optional Group RRSP (applicable post probation), and 4-weeks vacation in line with our policies.
RTV is fast growing with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us a cover letter and resume (in one pdf file) to: careersTO@raisingthevillage.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Currently all interviews are being carried out virtually. Please note that there will be a written assessment included as part of the recruitment process.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
For any accommodations through the process, please get in touch with us at the same email as mentioned above.