Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of Programming
Location: Remote but working hours must include 9am to 5pm EST
Employment Type: full-time, fixed-term to May 31, 2024 with a possibility of extension
Work hours/days: 37.5h/week, Mon-Fri
Compensation: $50,796-$55,414 CAD annually
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023
About SI Canada
Social Innovation Canada works on complex social and environmental challenges to create systemic change. To achieve this we nurture and resource a collaborative infrastructure that strengthens and grows a national social innovation ecosystem; and leverage a systems approach to create pathways and reduce barriers for the implementation and scaling of social innovations.
About the Role
As a Program Coordinator at SI Canada, you will be supporting the Director of Programming in supporting the organization’s mission of fostering social and environmental change through the various programs and projects you will be involved in across different thematic areas. Your responsibilities will revolve around assisting in the day-to-day operations of programs and projects, coordinating workshops and seminars, and supporting program communications and marketing efforts. Your role will be pivotal in ensuring the smooth execution and success of various programs and initiatives undertaken by SI Canada and its partner organizations.
Project Coordination and Program Design
- Organize meetings, coordinate project and program activities, file management, other project-related logistical requirements, and take meeting minutes and coordinate next steps where appropriate
- Assist in the reporting, tracking data, and evaluation of the projects and program activities including internal reporting, external and funder program reports
- Engage with external and internal stakeholders to schedule project-related meetings and events
- Support the communications team with marketing and promotional activities for projects, including drafting social media content, proofreading content, and blog posts
- Support the communications and team to ensure public-facing programs have full participation
- Support with collecting, conducting, and coordinating information gathering as needed for select labs, projects, and programs, including supporting the collation of research and fact-checking
Convenings and Workshops Coordination
- Work closely with the program leads, and assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of workshops, facilitated sessions, webinars, and seminars
- Liaise and communicate with workshop leads, participants and external speakers to provide session details and logistical requirements in preparation for and during the session
- Support with the preparation and drafting of session materials and knowledge resources, participant lists, agendas, evaluation forms, invitations, etc.
- Lead all logistical, operational, and production requirements for the sessions including technology setup, and presenter prep to ensure smooth delivery of virtual and in-person convenings
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, postgraduate diploma, or combination of equivalent experience
- 3+ years of program and project coordination or management experience in a relevant field
- Excellent organization and attention to detail: you are proficient at managing your time and love to-do lists
- Experience in planning and executing workshops, webinars, and seminars (virtual and in-person)
- Experience in supporting marketing activities, including social media content
- Strong communication and digital skills: you’re a strong writer in English and can catch typos, are comfortable with digital tools, and can facilitate or be a constructive part of meetings and events.
- High emotional intelligence and adaptability: you’re observant and empathic, are open to giving and receiving constructive feedback, and can navigate changing work and requirements in complex, fast-paced team environments.
These would be considered bonus:
- Bilingual is an asset (French/English)
- Experience in social impact area is an asset
Want to apply but aren’t sure you have all of the relevant knowledge and experience? If you’re close, don’t hesitate, do it! Your unique skill set may be exactly what we need.
Employee Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive time off policy, providing generous vacation, sick leave, and personal time to support work-life balance
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed before your interviews – we will be happy to work with you on any accommodation requests.
We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnic origin, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, language, marital status, nationality, physical appearance, political affiliations, perspective, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexuality, family status, socioeconomic status, or other such considerations, and intersectionalities therein.
We recognize international experience and strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities to apply!
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until September 25, 2023. Please click the “I’m interested” button to submit your full application including your resume and cover letter as soon as you are interested.
The hiring process will likely include initial screening and panel interviews, and may include a round of short written tasks or ‘homework’.
Please let us know of any specific requirements during our application process – we are happy to work with you on accommodation requests.
We know how difficult applying for jobs can be so we try, to the best of our ability, to inform candidates of our decisions via e-mail and/or phone call in a timely manner. Bear with us as this may take a few weeks depending on the position!
We communicate with applicants using our HR software system – sometimes emails get lost. Be sure to check your SPAM folder regularly after applying.
For more information about Social Innovation Canada, visit our website: sicanada.org