Evergreen is currently seeking to add to its team of Program Managers. This group of organizational leaders plays a critical role in the development and delivery of Evergreen’s diverse programs. If you are an innovative, adaptable and collaborative individual who thrives in a dynamic environment then this may be the right role for you.
The successful candidate will have a particular focus on supporting measurement, evaluation and learning across Evergreen programs to assess our impact against strategic purpose and promise. This Program Manager will play an important role in project and partner management, as well as building capacity in performance and impact measurement.
Using their skills and experience, this Program Manager will lead a team to make an exciting case for organizational success by giving meaning to the collective experiences and learnings of program participants and partners. With that data collection and analysis, this role will create stories of impact to improve program design and delivery.
Evergreen is a national non-profit transforming public spaces in our cities to build a healthier future for people and our planet.
With over 30 years of championing urban sustainability, we see the potential of our cities to solve some of the biggest issues facing our time and believe that our public spaces are the key to unlocking it. We see beyond the spaces that exist today and imagine them transformed into places where people and nature thrive. And we see a future where everyone can live a healthy life on a healthy planet.
About the Role:
Evergreen Program Managers are critical to the development and delivery of Evergreen’s Programs, and have the knowledge, experience and confidence to lead teams and actively engage others in this process. With well-developed project management skills, the Program Manager manages the planning and execution of programming projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and with maximum mission impact.
The Program Manager will oversee multiple projects and teams, with certain focus areas depending on programming that is active or emerging at any given time. This role will prioritize good communication, effective people management and positive workplace culture.
- Help shape programs, set goals, and create and implement action plans that align with organizational priorities
- Collaborate with internal partners to effectively promote Evergreen’s programs and share stories of impact
- Work and collaborate with colleagues to plan and deliver programming
- Develop and manage excellent working relationships with internal and external partners, and cooperatively designing, implementing and evaluating programs
- Facilitate important meetings internally and externally using user-centered design methods
- Work with Director to guide project plans that effectively manage scope, time, cost and risk
- Continuously evaluate the progress of tasks, responsibilities and projects against timeframes, budget, strategic intent, and organizational values
- Ensure changes to project plans, including budget and schedule, are proactively and effectively managed
- Identify measures of success, review program milestones, outcomes and impact, and ensure proper evaluation and reporting
- Undertake people management responsibilities in a thoughtful and professional manner
- Mentor others and take an active role in their professional development
- Demonstrate an intuitive grasp of organizational structure and work effectively across departments to develop cohesive project teams
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Leadership. Mobilize and build strong teams. Lead by example. Inspire others to achieve.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen.
- People Management. Clarify performance expectations. Provide mentorship, guidance and personal/professional development support to others. Recognize strengths & accomplishments of others in a meaningful way. Provide constructive guidance while allowing independence and creating opportunities for growth.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
- Innovation. Build new opportunities. Resourceful in the face of challenges. Focused on solutions. Prioritize learning and growth.
You have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years in program design, development, delivery, and evaluation, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field
- Prior experience in organizational partnership development and working with diverse communities and collaborators.
- Demonstrated track record of program design and related project management, including creating and monitoring work plans and budgets
- Experience managing people
- Familiarity with design thinking models, software and approaches is an asset
- Training in or relevant experience with measurement and evaluation is an asset
- Certification/Qualification in project or program management is an asset
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Supervised by: Program Director
- Supervises: Program Officers and Program Coordinators
- Hybrid work environment, with some on-site presence at Evergreen Brick Works, as required
- Regular office hours (with flexibility), with occasional evenings and weekends required in times of heavy deadlines or to attend special events
- Permanent, full time
- Salary range: $67,000 – $70,000, with an upward salary adjustment on May 1, 2024
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days (aka Evergreen Days) and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application close date: February 11, 2024
*Please include a cover letter with your application to be considered for this role.*