Job Description – Program Manager
Impakt Foundation for Social Change (IF) was established in 2019 and attained charitable status in 2020. We recognized the need to build on the principle that was central to the success of the Tailor Project, and which remains key to transforming the lives of vulnerable people today: employment.
Our mission is to create opportunities for businesses to meet hiring needs and contribute to the success of newcomer employment through research, advocacy, and measurement because we believe that employment drives meaningful social change, and we also know that establishing a network for training and employing Canada’s newcomers has the power to transform lives and enrich our communities.
The foundation’s vision is a society where all newcomers have success to obtaining safe, equitable, inclusive jobs.
About the Position
The Program Manager position is an essential role within the organization, responsible for the management of all Impakt Foundation programs and directs the day-to-day program activities. Our hope is to have a key staff member who can execute the big picture for programs, and help the organization to develop more consistent, high quality programs year to year. The program manager will be the main contact with community partners and our clients to help guide the overall picture and maintain best practices in program delivery. The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director (ED) to implement the program plan for Impakt Foundation and support other team members where necessary.
● Coordinate the effective delivery of all IF programs and services to clients and partner employers.
● Evaluate and resolve problems/concerns regarding the programs in consultation with the ED.
● Develop and maintain partnerships with employers, clients, social service, settlement, and community groups with whom we collaborate on program delivery.
● Ensure all legislative, regulatory, and professional standards are adhered to.
● Collaborate with the ED on program development, end of year planning session and vision for future programming.
● Manage and develop budgets for all programs in collaboration with the ED.
● Identify staffing and volunteer needs for all IF programs.
● Ensure all support staff and volunteers have adequate training and information they need to carry out their roles.
● Assist in writing grants and proposals when appropriate.
● Plan and coordinate events as needed.
● Collaborate with the communications team to ensure that the IF website and all social media platforms have up-to-date information about all program related activities.
● Actively participate in weekly team and other collaborative meetings with partners.
● Prepare necessary presentation and program reports for the ED, funders, and board of directors.
● Provide all services from an integrated anti-racist, anti-oppression framework.
● Adhere to all policies, procedures, guidelines, routines, and requirements as per IF’s policy.
The ideal candidate is expected to have:
● Bachelor’s degree as well as certification in project management, non-profit management, or its equivalent.
● A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in program and risk management, volunteer recruiting and training, with an understanding of how to develop, monitor and scale programs in line with IF’s mission and vision.
● Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others, and effective problem-solving skills.
● Pay keen attention to detail with ability to write insightful reports and recommendations.
● Ability to connect and foster relationships with people from all backgrounds and varying degrees of experience.
● Experience working with newcomer and refugee populations will be an asset.
Other relevant information
● Location: Hybrid but primarily remote work
● Position: Program Manager
● Reports to: Executive Director
● Hours: Full Time 40/hrs per week
● Compensation: $55,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience
● Other benefits: Health and dental after 3 months probationary period
How to apply:
Deadline to submit an application is January 13, 2023. Please send resume and cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position, contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.