What we’re looking for
TAF is seeking a Project Management Lead to provide project management and stakeholder relations support for all Retrofits projects to ensure they achieve the highest level of excellence.
This is a full-time, 2-year contract with potential for extension. Salary range: $50,000-$60,000, depending on qualifications and experience. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Low Carbon Buildings.
About The Atmospheric Fund (TAF)
TAF is a regional climate agency with a $90 million endowment fund to invest in innovative low-carbon solutions in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) and scale them up for broad implementation. We are experienced leaders and we collaborate with stakeholders in the private, public and non-profit sectors. We advance the most promising concepts by investing, providing grants, influencing policies and running programs. We’re particularly interested in ideas that offer benefits in addition to carbon reduction such as improving people’s health, creating local jobs, boosting urban resiliency, and contributing to a fair society.
We are a registered non-profit, with a Board of Directors appointed by the City of Toronto, made up of City councillors and citizens. Learn more at taf.ca.
Working at TAF
Talk to our staff and they will tell you that working at TAF comes with amazing advantages. We’re on the leading edge of urban climate change solutions and our work makes a tangible difference. We build meaningful relationships with all kinds of stakeholders – from thought leaders advancing new concepts and approaches to the people who implement change on the ground. Join our dedicated and collaborative team to contribute to the value and impact of our work.
Building an inclusive community with a shared purpose is critical to our work and mandate. We are Equalx30 signatories and believe that teams work best when the people within them are diverse in background and approach, including diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Virtual Office Update: TAF staff are currently working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic and we have no way of knowing when we’ll return to our downtown Toronto location. We are open to hiring candidates from different locations, provided you have relevant knowledge of the region, and ideally live within the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We expect that all staff will need to meet in person on occasion when we can safely return to our office.
As a Project Management Lead, you’ll be responsible for providing project management and stakeholder relations support for all Retrofits projects to ensure their achieve the highest level of excellence.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll do:
- Support the management of retrofit projects and associated initiatives through all phases of the project life cycle. Document and track project tasks, resources, and deliverables using project management software. Provide frequent updates on project status, issues, and constraints.
- Lead development of project management best practices and standards.
- Coordinate and assist with the development and maintenance of project budgets; track and report on spending against budgets.
- Assist in the development of new projects, including design, budgeting, and fundraising.
- Coordinate procurement of project-related services and equipment.
- Manage and organize project documentation and ensure adequate record keeping. Coordinate preparation of proposals and stewardship/progress reports for project stakeholders and funders.
- Coordinate and participate in internal and external project meetings, including preparation of agendas and minutes and tracking action items.
Research, Analysis & Data Management:
- Provide project management support for research and associated reports and case studies, working in collaboration with other team members.
- Contribute to retrofit research projects as directed, including data analysis.
- Manage data relevant to retrofit and research projects.
- Participate in retrofit project site visits.
- Review reports and work products prepared by service providers or third parties to ensure consistency with TAF specifications and quality standards.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer by sharing learnings with internal team to maximize outcomes.
- Represent TAF publicly in a manner consistent with TAF’s professional standards.
- Participate actively as a TAF team member at staff meetings, retreats and through ad-hoc staff working groups.
The kind of candidate we’re looking for
You’ll be the right person for this job if you’re passionate about solving problems, no matter if they’re big or small; and have a strong mindset of getting things done.
We require the following qualifications:
- Project management experience and/or education required; PMP certification an asset, and/or completion of post-secondary course in project management.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field, including engineering, building science, sustainability, or architecture; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially when it comes to communicating and documenting project statuses and recommendations to clients and team members..
- Knowledge and/or demonstrated interest in understanding climate change and the energy and buildings sector, including energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies, as well as social and public health impacts.
- Exceptional time management capabilities; ability to manage multiple initiatives in parallel. Ability and comfort with managing up and across, clarifying ambiguity and communicating risk.
- Familiarity with CRM software an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and project management software and tools (e.g. Teamwork, Microsoft Project, Hive).
- Valid Ontario driver’s license is an asset.
You’ll benefit from:
- Comprehensive extended health, vision and dental benefits package and quarterly RSP contribution after your first year of employment.
- Support for you virtual office during pandemic, including hardware and stipend for internet and other expenses.
- Flexible work hours and work from home options (beyond COVID-19).
- Starts at three weeks vacation per year.
- Access to a Learning Fund.
If you’re interested in the role, start your application by clicking here.
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, which includes an interview which we will conduct through a videoconference. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end of the application process we’ll share how well you performed.