Job Title: Project Officer
Organization: Action Against Hunger / Action contre la Faim – Canada
Report To: Project
Location: Toronto, ON
Job Type: Full-Time,
1-year contract with a possibility of extension
Work Hours: 37.5-hours
per week. *(Flexibility is required to work
outside regular office hours if needed.)
Salary: CAD 52,000
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian
organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of
hunger. Our mission is to save the lives of severely malnourished children
while helping communities become self-sufficient. Recognized as a world leader
in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger has pursued its vision
of a world without hunger for almost four decades, combating hunger in
emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food
insecurity. With more than 8,000 staff in nearly 50 countries, our programs in
nutrition, food security, livelihoods, water, sanitation, and hygiene, reach
more than 20 million people each year.
Since 2007, Action Against Hunger Canada has provided leadership on the
development and implementation of one of the world’s leading nutrition survey
methodologies: SMART (Standardized Monitoring and Assessment of Relief and
Transition). The project has built the capacity of over 1,500 health workers
around the world on how to apply this methodology when conducting nutrition and
mortality surveys. The SMART global project works closely with the Global
Nutrition Cluster membership to ensure the accessibility of a wide range of
tools, technical guidance and learning on the methodology. All SMART
initiatives are targeted towards humanitarian and development stakeholders
conducting surveys using the methodology.
Action Against Hunger Canada is the co-host of the Technical Support Team
Coordination Unit of Global Nutrition Cluster Technical Alliance. The Technical
Support Team (TST) of the Global Nutrition Cluster (GNC) Technical Alliance is
an initiative to support practitioners in improving the quality of nutrition in
an emergency (NiE) preparedness, response, and recovery by providing
coordinated, accessible, and timely technical support, through multiple
channels when requested.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Officer
will be responsible for the procurement management of the SMART and TST
initiatives and for providing assistance to the Project Manager in processing
service contracts, framework agreements, purchase orders and invoices. The role
also entails coordinating logistics and travel arrangements, supporting project
trainings, workshops, meetings and surveys in the field in full compliance with
the Action Against Hunger Canada’s and its donors’ policies, processes and procedures.
Procurement of Services
- Support the development of Terms of References (ToR), Request
for Proposals (RFP) and/or Request for Quotations (RFQ) for service contracts
and/or framework agreements.
- Advertise the offers on different platforms.
- Coordinate the reception of offers and/or questions from
potential candidates or bidders.
- Prepare the assessment tools in close collaboration with the
relevant team members.
- Contact the shortlisted candidates or bidders for interviews
and/or for any other inquires.
- Conduct reference checks and background screening.
- Draft the service contract or framework agreement, in close
collaboration with the relevant team members and selected candidates or
- Prepare the purchase orders or statement of work.
- Receive and process invoices before sending them to the Finance
- Prepare procurement toolkits for the team.
Procurement of Supplies
- Coordinate the request for quotation and supplier selection.
- Prepare the purchase orders.
- Receive and process invoices before sending them to the Finance
- Maintain up-to-date inventory reports.
- Coordinate any disposition request when needed.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to make travel arrangements
for consultants and/or staff.
- Request quotations and booking of flight tickets.
- Request quotations and booking of hotels.
- Coordinate the calculation and payments of per diems.
- Ensure that all travel documentation is in order (visa,
passport, travel insurance, COVID-19 test results, etc.)
- Facilitate security briefings.
- Facilitate logistics for workshops and events (venue,
catering, accommodation, transportation, etc.)
- Maintain records of all procurement procedures, ensuring that
an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process,
copies of records of expenditure, purchase orders, invoices, receipts, etc. are
kept accountable and easily accessible by managers and the finance team.
- Maintain pro-active exchange and collaboration with the team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement and logistics,
human resources management, project administration or another relevant sector.
ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent understanding of procurement procedures and
logistics operations and practices for the humanitarian and development sector.
- Ability to assess priorities and competently complete a
variety of activities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to exercise appreciable latitude for independent
judgment and action.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines, and
- Positive attitude and strong analytical, interpersonal,
organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to
effectively interact with all levels of employees.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Demonstrated commitment to Safeguarding and Gender Equality.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Against Hunger Canada is committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive
workplace. We actively welcome applications from Indigenous persons, persons
with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual
orientations and genders. If you are invited to continue the selection process,
please notify our human resources representative of any accommodation or
special measures that you may require.
Against Hunger Canada is committed to promoting the well-being of people around
the world and focuses its efforts on saving lives through the elimination of
hunger. To that end, we uphold the principles of independence, neutrality,
non-discrimination, unrestricted access to assistance, professionalism, and
transparency in all our operations. We have ZERO TOLERANCE towards any behavior
violating our Code of Conduct, including workplace violence, harassment and
sexual harassment, any form of exploitation and abuse, corruption, fraud, and
any behavior lacking integrity.
Against Hunger Canada is committed to safeguarding children and adults in the communities
where we work. Our safeguarding commitment is to ensure that children and
adults are protected from both deliberate and unintentional harm or abuse
caused by Action Against Hunger staff, including the Prevention from Sexual
Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
effort to safeguard children and adults in communities we work, our offers of
employment are conditional on successfully clearing background checks that
may include, but are not limited to, criminal records, vulnerable sector
screening, and employment references.
are interested in this position, please apply online by 9:00 AM EST, Wednesday,
October 20, 2021, using the following link: https://apply.workable.com/acfcanada/j/8CD75A2F73/
more about Action Against Hunger, visit our website at www.actionagainsthunger.ca