Job Title: Fundraising Assistant
Department: Fundraising & Communications
Organization: Action Against Hunger Canada
Direct Supervisor: Fundraising Manager
Location: Toronto, Canada
Type of position: Part-time, 20 hours/week
Salary range: $17,000 - $24,000 per annum, pro-rata.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With nearly 8,000 staff in more than 45 countries, our programs reached more than 20 million people lsat year. The world needs a better way to deal with hunger. Together, we're creating it. For everyone, for good. Join us!
Action Against Hunger is a vibrant and inspiring place to work, and we are always looking to recruit passionate and dedicated people who want to make a meaningful contribution in the fight against hunger. We seek staff who embrace working with a diverse group of exceptional colleagues and who are looking for challenges which will grow their skills and experience.
About the role
Action Against Hunger is looking for a part-time fundraising assistant to support the fundraising team with essential tasks: processing donations, issuing tax receipts, handling donor inquiries, building donor relationships, supporting events and supporting the communications team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Fundraising Manager, the Fundraising Assistant will be responsible for supporting the execution of Action Against Hunger Canada’s fundraising and communication strategy. This includes, but is not limited to:
Administration, events and communications:
- Process charitable tax receipts and thank you letters for donors.
- Manage data entry and gift processing for donations.
- Help handle incoming donor inquiries/requests by telephone, mail and email.
- Support the execution of fundraising events.
- Work with Communications Officer to support production and posting of social media, email and website content.
- Conduct warm thank you calls to new and current donors on a weekly basis.
- Conduct research to identify donor prospects, including foundations and individual donors.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to prepare donor proposals, reports, presentations, collateral and donor correspondence.
- Assist with stewardship and fulfillment obligations for foundations and donors.
- Previous experience in an administrative role;
- Previous experience working in a customer-service role;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Solid computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office);
- Comfortable learning and using database/software (Salesforce, MailChimp, WordPress);
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Adhere to the AFP Fundraising Code of Ethics and the Donor Bill of Rights;
- Committed to gender equality, a core value of Action Against Hunger’s;
- Possesses the following language qualifications:
- English: Fluency is required.
- French: Spoken/written working knowledge required, fluency is a strong asset.
This position is part time and based in Toronto.
Action Against Hunger Canada offers generous leave entitlements, including December holiday office closure, group health benefits (waiting period may apply), Learning & Development opportunities, flexible work hours and work from home policies.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
How to apply
Action Against Hunger Canada is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female, male and non binary candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to join our organization.
Application deadline: July 21, 2019.
To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume, by email.
Attn: Zoe Fregoli, Fundraising Manager
No phone calls please. Only applicants invited for an interview will be notified of their application outcome.