Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Remote with occasional travel to Toronto
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Work hours/days: full-time 37.5h/week, Mon-Fri
Estimated Start Date: May 1, 2023
Application Deadline: March 22, 2023
About SI Canada
SI Canada is a national charity that supports a network of social innovators: people and organizations with a focus on social and environmental change. We are a national initiative founded by seven social innovation organizations: Radius (BC), ABSI Connect (AB), Social Enterprise Centre (MB), CSI (ON), La MIS (QC), Inspiring Communities (Atl) and Diane Roussin from the Boldness Project providing Indigenous leadership. SI Canada collaborates with these and other organizations across the country with the goal of strengthening the social innovation ecosystem’s capacity to address the root causes of systems-level problems in Canada. We work to connect innovators with the resources and opportunities they need to solve complex problems and create transformative change.
About the Role
SI Canada is seeking an accomplished Senior Finance Manager, capable of excelling in a complex multi-stakeholder environment, with proven experience in financial management, decision making support and bookkeeping.
- Bookkeeping & Accounting: Perform the full-cycle accounting functions (Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax remittances)
- Decision Making and Analysis: Analyzes revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets to support decision making
- Budgets: Lead the preparation of the annual budget process. Work with the Managing Director, senior leadership team and project leads to develop the annual budget.
- Reporting and forecasting: Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting and lead forecasting activities with the senior leadership team and project leads
- Systems and Processes: Improve and develop financial systems and processes to address organizational needs.
- Annual Audit: Coordinate activities of external auditors and prepare the file with required schedules for the external auditors for year-end financial statements
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Strategy: set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience; CPA an asset
- 5 or more years of experience in accounting, preferably with nonprofit organizations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across various teams and with senior leadership
- Excellent judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Strong demonstrated use of spreadsheets for analysis
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations for nonprofit organizations
- Solid proficiency with Google Workspace (formerly Google Suite), especially Google Sheets
- Comfort collaborating and delivering in a virtual setting
Want to apply but aren’t sure you have all of the relevant knowledge and experience? If you’re close, don’t hesitate, do it! Your unique skill set may be exactly what we need.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed before your interviews – we will be happy to work with you on any accommodation requests.
We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnic origin, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, language, marital status, nationality, physical appearance, political affiliations, perspective, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexuality, family status, socioeconomic status, or other such considerations, and intersectionalities therein.
We recognize international experience and strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities to apply!
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 22, 2023. Please click the “I’m interested” button to submit your full application including your resume and cover letter as soon as you are interested.
The hiring process will likely include initial screening, a round of short written tasks or ‘homework’, and panel interviews. Our desire is to make a hiring decision and offer by mid April and for the position to start on May 1, 2023.
Please let us know of any specific requirements during our application process – we are happy to work with you on accommodation requests.
We know how difficult applying for jobs can be so we try, to the best of our ability, to inform candidates of our decisions via e-mail and/or phone call in a timely manner. Bear with us as this may take a few weeks depending on the position!
We communicate with applicants using our HR software system – sometimes emails get lost. Be sure to check your SPAM folder regularly after applying.
For more information about Social Innovation Canada, visit our website: sicanada.org
Sign up for our newsletter, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn!