Position: Senior Programs Officer
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Applications open: May 31, 2022
Closing date: The deadline for applications to be submitted is June 22nd, 11:59 EDT.
Salary: $55,000 + $50/month mobile stipend (as this position is funded by a restricted grant, the salary is fixed)
Benefits: Health & Dental Benefits provided after 3 months’ probation
Vacation: Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation per calendar year, prorated for part years
Application method: Answers to questions + resume. See instructions below.
All candidates must be legally able to work in Canada and available for occasional travel domestically and internationally. Candidates must be available for occasional evenings and weekends. Lieu time off is provided for time worked outside of business hours.
Launched in 2009, and operating as G(irls)20 from 2009 – 2021, Fora places young women at the centre of decision-making processes. Fora is a centre of excellence for young women’s leadership development. Through our signature programs – Global Summit, Girls on Boards and Next Level – we make strategic investments in young women through education and training, building networks, and access to unparalleled opportunities at home and abroad. While advocating for change at the global level through the annual Global Summit, we are invested in changing the status quo for young women across Canada by placing young leaders in decision-making spaces with Girls on Boards and upskilling young women with Next Level. Learn more at https://www.foranetwork.org.
Working at Fora
We’re a collaborative team committed to creating opportunities for all young women to get a seat at decision-making tables and have their voices heard, whether it be in business, politics, or social change. We provide high quality programming and work closely with alumnae to constantly improve program design. As an organization, we are working toward making stronger connections to an intersectional and 2S+LGBTQ feminist movement and evolve our programming and staffing in this direction. Fora has an all-hands-on-deck attitude and there is no task too big or too small that staff may do. We work hard and have fun! This is an exciting time to join a growing organization, with the ability to have your own imprint on the future of the organization.
Fora is committed to equitable representation and access. Candidates from Black, Indigenous, racialized, 2S+LGBTQ, newcomer, refugee, and other underserved communities are encouraged to self-identify in your application. To learn more about Fora’s continued learning and commitment to equity, please see our 2020 Equity Strategy and 2021 Equity Report.
As a result of COVID-19, Fora employees are currently working from home. We offer flexible hours and recognize that care work, health and mental health must be respected in order to have an effective team. While working from home due to the ongoing pandemic, a monthly stipend to cover WiFi expenses is made available to staff. When it is safe, we will explore a hybrid approach to office/work-from-home.
The Senior Programs Officer is a key member of our Programs and Advocacy Team. We are looking for someone who is deeply committed to the vision laid out in the Fora strategic plan and who is eager to play an important role in our work to advance the full participation of young women in decision-making spaces and to change the status quo around the world. This position reports to the Director of Programs and Advocacy and has one direct report: the Girls on Boards Project Coordinator.
The scope of this role includes:
- Develop and ensure smooth processes that allow Girls on Boards (GB) to run efficiently and ensuring all moving parts work together seamlessly
- Serve as the lead on a feasibility study to assess the ability to scale the GB program
- Serve as the lead on planning and approving communications with all program participants, planning curriculum, and working with project coordinator to address any issues with participants as they arrive
- Lead recruitment campaigns for the GB program to be executed by Programs Coordinator and Communications Officer
- Provide support as needed to Young Directors in their board placements, special projects, training, and mentoring
- Lead on planning GB-related events, including: trainings, meet ups, and the annual 2-day Forum
- Support the Director of Programs and Global Engagement on Summit-related events, including: recruitment, trainings, project-design, and week-long Summit
- Lead logistics for the GB program, including travel with coordination support from Programs Coordinator
- Support Director with engaging and directly liaising with the GB Steering Committee on program design, feedback, and other support
- Serve as the first point of contact for all program participants on interpersonal challenges
- Support the team in booking vendors and preparing vendors for workshops and other organizational needs
- Support Director on Monitoring and Evaluation of programs through survey preparation, liaising with consultants, and preparing and reviewing reports.
- Serve as the lead on Monitoring and Evaluation of the GB project
- First point of contact for boards, coaches, and mentors for all programs
- Lead on scaling the Girls on Boards program, including implementing a beta test program design
- Use Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other project management tools to maintain clear and organized documentation and basic data management
- Assist in the preparation of interim reports for donors, Fora: Network for Change’s Board of Directors, Directors & CEO, and others as they arise
- Provide insights into overall program strategy of the organization
- Assist in writing grants for institutional donors, including government and foundations
- Assist in coordination of external communications, including: working with the Communications team to develop Programs web and social media content; working with the Fund and Development Officer to contribute newsletter content
- Support the Fundraising and Communications teams in the creation of materials to raise money from public, private, and/or individual donors
- Contribute strategically by recording and reporting on your learnings, best practices and recommended iterations
- Contribute to the organizational workplan by thinking through each project’s timelines and workback plans
- Manage and maintain program-related records regularly on Fora’s Salesforce.
- You are intersectional in your approach to gender equality, leadership development and social change; you are not comfortable with the status quo and are open and responsive to calls for change.
- Sensitivity working with women and gender-diverse youth (ages 18-25) from a diversity of communities and countries.
- Engaged in the non-profit sector and women’s rights, gender equality, and 2SLGBTQ+ sectors.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to respond to program and advocacy issues and opportunities with partners (international and domestic), community members, and funders across multiple sectors with tact and diplomacy
- Innovative and solutions-focused.
- Experience managing employees prioritizing equity and growth.
- Experience writing successful grant applications for governments and foundations.
- Experience scaling programs
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using a range of digital project management tools and communication tools, including: Office 365, Asana, social media and Whatsapp, etc.
- Expertise in project management principles and methodologies to manage the delivery of plans, initiatives and goals.
- Exceptional professional written skills and are able to produce project status reports for internal and external stakeholders.
The deadline for applications to be submitted is Wednesday, June 22nd at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time. If you have any inquiries that are not covered in this job description, please email email@example.com.
Please answer questions and submit your application here: https://airtable.com/shr47RMiz505S0KD2
Please note the application requires uploading a resume in a PDF document with the following title ‘Last name_First name_Senior Programs Officer.