This role is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant program via the Youth Employment And Skills Strategy. In order to qualify, applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 30 years. Applicants do not need to be a student to qualify. Further eligibility requirements are listed below.
About the Organization
Good Foot Delivery provides meaningful employment to the neuro-diverse community through a reliable, professional courier service delivered via public transit and on foot. By providing employment to this population, we are innovatively delivering social change. At Good Foot we know that creating and fostering an inclusive environment is good business!
In addition to employment opportunities, we provide our Couriers personal and professional development opportunities through workshops, projects and social events. Most importantly, we have created a family that celebrates our Couriers and the neuro-diverse community.
About the Role
The Support & Program Assistant has 2 primary objectives; contribute to the research, development, and facilitation of new and existing social programming and skills building workshops, with a strong focus on improving participation and engagement.
Due to COVID-19, the Support & Program Assistant will have the opportunity to work from home for part of the week in order to limit exposure to the virus. Please note that this position does require you to work in the office, in the community, on the TTC, with our Couriers out “on the road”.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, develop and facilitate meaningful, engaging, and fun social programming that integrates social skills building opportunities for neuro-divergent individuals.
- Contribute to the research, development and facilitation of workshops and training sessions in relation to professional and life skills building for neuro-divergent individuals.
- Provide support and retraining to current Courier staff on general topics, such as navigating Toronto in an efficient manner, using mapping apps, interacting with others in a professional manner.
- Office administration and other general duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Student or recent graduate in Social Service Work, Community Work, Social Work, Autism & Behavioural Science, or a related field.
- Experience teaching or tutoring others is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and assume responsibility with minimal supervision
- A passion to help those in need, demonstrated by previous work or volunteer experience
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar etc.)
- This position will accompany our staff in the field (on the TTC and at various locations throughout Toronto), therefore applicants must be comfortable with this aspect of the role during the pandemic.
- This is a temporary position for 8 weeks at 35 hours per week, totaling 280 hours.
- Estimated Start Date: July 5, 2021
- Reporting to the HR & Program Manager
Interested applicants are asked to email the HR & Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a short cover letter in PDF format and include “Support & Program Assistant” in the subject line. Applications are due by Wednesday, June 23rd.
Good Foot is built on values of diversity, equity, and accessibility. Recognizing the unique contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, we encourage applications from people representing the diverse community we serve. Good Foot strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment.