About the Organization
Good Foot Delivery is a nonprofit and social enterprise that provides meaningful paid employment to the neurodivergent community through a professional Courier service, with all deliveries completed via public transit and on foot.
Not only does Good Foot provide training and employment to over 30 neurodivergent individuals as a Courier, the organization also works with every Courier on an ongoing basis to strengthen their skills and experience to maximize potential and overall independence. Good Foot’s new employment and training program Good Foot Forward extends beyond the Courier role, offering a hybrid learning opportunity for individuals interested in gaining transferable employability skills as well as work experience. Small groups of participants learn and engage in an inclusive, supportive environment over the course of the 9 month program.
Good Foot is so much more than a job – we are a community that enables every Courier to feel connected, empowered and independent through tailored support, ongoing learning opportunities and social programs.
About the Role
Good Foot is seeking a full time Support & Training Assistant with strong de-escalation and problem solving skills, with a background in disability support/social service work, or a related field to support and train Good Foot’s Couriers, Training Facilitators and Good Foot Forward program participants. Predominantly working with our Good Foot Forward program participants, the Support & Training Assistant will work one-on-one with participants during their in class learning sessions as well as in the field as a Courier, supporting them in learning a variety of topics and skills, including self-advocacy, navigation, managing difficult conversations and digital competency. Reporting to the Support & Program Supervisor, the Assistant will track participant progress, assist with individual support plans, program coordination and execution as well as reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide one-on-one in class training to program participants and Couriers, tailoring the training based on the individual’s learning style and needs
- Provide one-on-one hands-on training to program participants and Couriers, teaching them the ins and outs of being a Courier while completing deliveries on foot and via public transit
- Work with participants to identify and address areas of improvement throughout the program
- Track progress of program participants in relation to program curriculum deliverables
- Stay up to date with Courier business related processes and practices to ensure training is accurate, as well as a comprehensive understanding of the expectations of the Courier role
- Assist in the facilitation of Good Foot Forward group training and working sessions, focusing on topics such as: Good Foot Courier training, Communication, Professionalism, Digital Competency, Seeking & Retaining Employment, and Mental Wellness
In collaboration with the Support and Programs teams:
- Establish rapport and build a relationship with program participants and Couriers
- Provide individualized support to participants during in-class training sessions and workshops ensuring thorough understanding of the concepts presented
- Provide one-on-one support to participants during the program’s on the job shadowing sessions when completing deliveries on foot and on public transportation
- Assist participants and Couriers in the development of strategies and accommodations on the job to ensure they’re independently meeting job requirements and expectations
- Promote and maximize self-sufficiency and independence, encouraging program participants and Couriers to self-actualize
- Using a person-centered approach, participate in the development of support plans for participants and Couriers, helping to identify personal and professional goals and strategies to improve in identified areas, promoting independence and autonomy
- Continual and timely documentation and monitoring of participant and Courier progress
- Prepare in class materials for participants and assist with in class set up and clean up
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external workshops and training sessions
- Assist with recruitment, intake, onboarding, and offboarding of program participants
- Contribute to various external reports on program deliverables, outcomes, individual participants progress and more
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Educational background in Social Service Work, Community Work, Social Work, Autism & Behavioural Science, or a related field, or a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Experience teaching, mentoring and/or tutoring others
- Experience supporting people with disabilities
- Exceptional tech and digital competency skills, including troubleshooting routine errors on Android, iOS/Apple and Windows environments, and experience with Google Workspace
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and assume responsibility with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector check
- Comfortable working outside in all weather conditions
- Comfortable being on your feet and walking for long periods of time
- Strong knowledge of the GTA and TTC transit routes
- Experience with individual support plans or person-centred planning is an asset
- Full time (35 hours/week), 1 year contract
- Starting salary range of $45,000-$48,000
- 10 personal days, 10 vacation days, comprehensive health benefits package after 3 months
- This is an in person position, with minimal opportunity to work remotely
- Start date: Immediate preferred
Please email the HR & Programs team at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume in PDF format, and include “Support & Training Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
Good Foot is built on values of diversity, equity, and accessibility. Recognizing the unique contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, we encourage applications from people representing the diverse community we serve. Good Foot strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. If you have any accommodation requests after filling out this application, please include them in your cover letter.