Job Title: Tech Coordinator, Meeting Rooms & Events
Reporting to: Manager, Meeting Rooms & Events
Location: CSI Toronto locations
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
Work hours: Required to work during business hours, after hours and/or on weekends regularly
Compensation: $50,000 Annually Plus Benefits
The Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) is a nonprofit social enterprise based in Toronto with collaborative workspaces, communities and national acceleration programs. CSI supports over 1,000 nonprofits and social mission organizations tackling a range of social, environmental and economic challenges. Our mission is to catalyze social innovation by amplifying the success of our members and fueling a movement for people and the planet.
Collaboration, entrepreneurship and systems change are embodied in everything we do. We have the passion and drive of a young tech start-up but remain rooted in the social movements of the 60’s and 70’s and bring the professionalism of the 21st century. We are wildly optimistic, committed to finding solutions that put people and the planet first, while being deeply pragmatic. We are looking for someone who is committed to leveraging their skills, smarts and emotional intelligence to make an impact on our world.
About the role
The Tech Coordinator, Meeting Rooms & Events role is responsible for inviting and hosting the external world in our CSI spaces. We know from our research that for many people their first experience of CSI is by attending a meeting or event, so this role is vital in setting the tone and showcasing the magic that is CSI, and its group of entities. Do you love meeting new, interesting people who are trying to change the world? Are you a natural connector? Do you love creating experiences, supporting events, and growing partnerships? Most of all, does being part of an innovative community of changemakers inspire you to believe a better world is possible?
The Tech Coordinator, Meeting Rooms & Events role is also an integral contributor to our events execution and AV needs. Working with the Manager, Meeting Rooms & Events, the Tech Coordinator will provide specialized technical and customer services for event support, where presentation services such as audio, video, and other related technical support are required. They will meet with clients and bookers to identify production and presentation needs. They will also sell, book and coordinate various events and provide confirmations of the same, including entry into ORND. They will also provide technical support, maintenance, and daily operation in support of meeting rooms and events. Most of all, they will bring a creative and visionary approach to every event, leveraging innovative ideas and solutions to exceed client expectations and create a lasting impression.
Working from CSI locations in Toronto, the Tech Coordinator, Meeting Rooms & Events reports to the Manager, Meeting Rooms & Events.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the planning, logistics, and implementation of production and technical elements related to meeting rooms and events by acting as a production department liaison to clients/bookers and various internal stakeholders.
- Additional duties could include: Pre-event planning, run throughs, site tours, set up, operation of audio board, video camera, microphones, integration of presentation and computer technology into house systems or external systems.
- Ability to, and ability to learn to, run lighting, set up wireless microphones, podiums, and studio control booth equipment.
- Coordinate, track and administer the delivery, inspection, distribution and quality control of event content.
- Coordinate and administer the event inventory and equipment.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to promote CSI’s services and offerings to potential clients, highlighting the unique and strategic value of CSI.
- Complete a post-event detailing successes, challenges, and suggestions for the Tech Infrastructure department on a monthly basis.
- Research, design, and source standard and unique services to continually enhance and expand CSI’s special event offerings.
- Conduct outside sales, prospecting calls and other forms of lead generation.
- Meet client needs through attending client meetings and responding to client concerns, questions and problems.
- Follow up with clients through final billing, thank you letters, post-event service evaluations and lead hand-offs.
- Collect photos and relevant content to support Social Media strategy for lead generation.
- Provide onsite or remote production support for events and conference sessions as needed, including 3rd party. This may include acting as a quality control representative or as a liaison for clients, stakeholders, and partners.
- 1+ years of experience in production, and/or live event planning/coordination
- Background/experience in sales is required; service or hospitality experience and/or customer service experience are assets
- Experience working with various file transfer and sharing technologies
- Experience in content management, Powerpoint presentation assembly, and slide creation
- Experience and familiarity with basic staging and technical requirements of events
- Proficient in Google Suites, dropbox, zoom and slack
- Understanding of sound/video recording and basic assembly/editing is an asset
- Ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Exceptional people skills with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team, and coordinate large groups of people effectively
- Ability to take direction, show initiative, and execute on ideas with excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to quickly integrate into new teams and systems
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures, ranges of ability, genders, ethnicities and races
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) including the ability to craft detailed and precise communications
- Ability to use diplomacy when working with partners with fluctuating high-pressure needs
- Ability to work full-time, maintaining flexible working hours, including some evenings and weekends
- This role may require heavy lifting
- Smart Serve Certified is an asset
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed before your interview and in advance of visiting any of our spaces – we will be happy to work with you on any accommodation requests. We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnic origin, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, language, marital status, nationality, physical appearance, political affiliations, perspective, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexuality, family status, socioeconomic status, or other such considerations, and intersectionalities therein. We recognize international experience and strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities to apply!
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit your full application here, including your resume and cover letter outlining specific needs for this role as soon as you are interested.
We know how difficult applying for jobs can be so we try, to the best of our ability, to inform candidates of our decisions via e-mail and/or phone call in a timely manner. Bear with us as this may take a few weeks depending on the position. We communicate with applicants using our HR software system – sometimes emails get lost. Be sure to check your SPAM folder regularly after applying.
For more information about CSI, visit our website: socialinnovation.org.