About the job
Role: Volunteer – Chief Storyteller
Help Us – Help Farmers!
– For Farmers, by Farmers.
The challenges faced by small-scale farmers around the world are numerous. That’s why we’ve developed a Farmer Community. To connect the farming community and bring them together with our knowledge partners – top agriculture experts. Farmers can ask and answer questions, create collaborations and build community trust. Our safe community network will serve as the go-to virtual meeting place for small-scale farmers.
At Carib.Farm, we believe strategic storytelling is how you tell the story of data and insights to our stakeholders in a way that is engaging and inspires action.
Our ‘Why?’ is the story that needs to be told in order to engage our stakeholders, and create a meaningful connection. Developing a solid rationale that our audience can follow before we go onto the ‘how’ and then the ‘what’.
Fully remote role
Minimum commitment of 7-10 hours weekly
THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Understanding of story fundamentals (effective character, trajectory, hook, authenticity/details and calls-to-action)
– Keen sense of newsworthiness (what makes a story interesting from the audience’s perspective)
– Stellar writing skills; understanding of news writing techniques- Interviewing skills; how to ask effective questions and develop rapport/trust with story subjects
– Storyboarding experience; understanding the effectiveness and appropriateness of story assets (text, images, audio, video) and how to combine them
– Visual, audio and video content creation experience; well-developed eye/ear for best practices in each
– Working knowledge of intermediate- to advanced-level equipment (DSLR camera, video, audio recorder, microphones)
– Comfort and experience using editing software (image, audio and video, post production)
– Ability to design and maintain a story bank (using database or other software/hardware solutions)
– Expertise with online platforms: content management systems for web, e-newsletter services, and social media
– Experience using web analytics and social media monitoring/measurement tools
– Deep understanding of our overall vision, tactics, fundraising, communications and development objectives
– Ability to incorporate and balance objectives of all teams to oversee production of strategic, compelling stories
– Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to coordinate and oversee the story collection, production and distribution process
– Experience in creating strategic communications plans (from research through measurement/evaluation) and in designing specific content strategies to meet organizational objectives
– Experience crafting editorial calendars and in re-purposing stories across platforms
THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in a strategic communications role supporting business development initiatives in a Startup or SME.
– Bachelor’s Degree: English Literature, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or other relevant degree; Master’s degree preferred.
– Superior writing and communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture.
– Ability to deal with ambiguity, manage multiple priorities and juggle schedules.
– Understanding of story structure, history of storytelling and use of storytelling across cultures.
– Proven success as communications leader, writer and editor.
– Familiarity with digital media channels; Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook Blogging, Instagram.
– Proven track record of a creative mindset.
– Excellent presentation skills.
Interactive Storytelling | Story Pitching | Writing | Community Engagement | Leadership Communication | Strategic Communications |Interviewing Subject Matter Experts | Editorial Process | Content Development | Presentation Development