Want to make a difference in the world? Are you between 18 and 30 years old?
In these uncertain times, anything is possible – and we need budding change makers like you now, more than ever.
Join this free, virtual social entrepreneurship program and learn how you can help drive progress towards the world’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)!
Social entrepreneurs tackle important issues like climate change, plastic pollution, accessibility, employment training, and much more, all while generating revenues. Interested in learning what it takes to be a social entrepreneur? All you need to participate is some passion, commitment and a reliable internet connection.
The 100 selected participants will begin an 8-week, impact-driven social entrepreneurship journey, and will work on creating their very own social enterprise aligned with the SDGs. Put your ideas into action with 24 hours of live, virtual class time, 4 hours of specialized coaching, and a library of tools!
Agents of Change: Sustainable Development Goals is a national program run by the Centre for Social Innovation and made possible by the Government of Canada. Our Eastern Canada cohort launched March 2020 and concluded in April 2020. Our Western Canada cohort began in June 2020 and concluded in July 2020.
You can create meaningful change in the world!
From making sure you’ve identified the right problem to turning your solution into a sustainable business model, if you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, invest in your personal and professional growth, and learn how to turn an idea into impact, this is the right program for you!
We will meet virtually once a week for class time, and you will meet with either your coach or your peer group weekly. By the end of 8 weeks you will feel knowledgeable and confident to begin your own entrepreneurial journey.
What You’ll Learn
Weeks 1–4: Explore your purpose as a social entrepreneur. Discover your areas of interest. Map opportunities for impact.
Together, we’ll begin with some of the big questions you may be asking yourself, such as:
- What are the SDGs and how can social enterprises play their part?
- I see so many urgent problems to solve. Which should I focus on specifically, and why?
- There are so many things to do to get started. How do I prioritize?
- What skills, knowledge, connections, and experience can I leverage to make an impact?
- How do I move from idea to action?
Weeks 5–8: Discover stakeholders. Build your business and financial models. Identify funding options and enterprise impact.
Questions answered during this phase include:
- I have developed a clear idea of the impact that I want my enterprise to generate. How do I design my business to reach this impact?
- How can I generate sustainable revenue (and profit) from my social enterprise?
- What resources am I going to need to start my enterprise?
- What funding models and options should I explore?
- How will I measure its impact and report its contribution towards the SDGs?
By the end of the 8 weeks, you will have a deeper understanding of the SDGs and how to create social enterprises that drive progress towards one or a number of the SDGs!
Certificate of Completion
Participants who complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Centre for Social Innovation. A certificate of completion from this program will signify that participants understand the building blocks of Social Entrepreneurship, and how to generate meaningful impact and progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals.