As an entrepreneur it can be challenging to find and prepare for the right grant, loan, or investment opportunity.
We are here to help!
The Women of Ontario Social Enterprise Network (WOSEN) is hosting Investment Readiness Supports for trans women, cis women, and Two-Spirit, non-binary, and genderqueer individuals who lead established social ventures, who have a defined capital need, and who are preparing for funding or investment in the coming year.
Registration is now closed.
Meet us online: Zoom Classroom and on the Common Platform.
What You’ll Gain
As a participant, you’ll…
- Improve your venture story and presentation
- Get to know the funding landscape
- Map out a clear and actionable funding and capital plan
- Understand when a grant, a loan, or an investment is best for your venture
- Prepare for current funding opportunities matched to your needs
Participate in one 3-hour program orientation where you will begin to develop your funding and capital plan for your venture.
You then can choose to participate in the following offerings:
- Join a monthly workshop that dives deep into investment readiness with special guests and exercises that help you to develop a funding and capital plan
- Meet with us one-to-one to review your plan, or your funding submissions
- Participate in monthly peer circles where your peers share back valuable insights and peer support
- Our team will research funding opportunities matched to your needs
- Find funding and opportunity updates on The Common Platform
We aim to provide a tailored approach to meet the needs of your venture and industry.
Investment Readiness Supports is brought to you by the Women of Ontario Social Enterprise Network (WOSEN), a collaboration with the Centre for Social Innovation, SVX, Pillar Nonprofit Network and the NORDIK Institute. Funding isprovided through the Women’s Entrepreneurship Strategy, Canada.
The Women of Ontario Social Enterprise Network (WOSEN) offers a suite of programs for women interested in starting or growing their own ventures that seek to have a positive social, cultural or environmental impact through their operations, and/or the sale of their products or services.
WOSEN is dedicated to equity and inclusion, and the term “women” is used collectively throughout this page. We serve trans and cis women, and our programming is inclusive of Two-Spirit, non-binary, and genderqueer individuals. We prioritize those from underserved and underrepresented communities, including Indigenous folks, folks in rural or remote regions, racialized folks, newcomer folks, LGBTQ2+, and folks with disabilities.
Our programming works to unleash the entrepreneurial energy and capacity of women who have solutions that put people and the planet first. Together, we are redesigning how business supports are provided so these entrepreneurs can build the skills, make the connections, and receive the coaching needed to achieve their missions.
See all the programs within the WOSEN initiative here!
Partners and Funders
WOSEN is funded in part by the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario. The Government of Canada is advancing gender equality, women’s economic empowerment, and supporting women entrepreneurs through the new Women Entrepreneurship Strategy, announced in the Budget 2018. It is a $2-billion investment that seeks to double the number of women-owned businesses by 2025.
Fed Dev Ontario
Women of Ontario Social Enterprise Network
Part of the CSI Invests Initiative
At CSI we take on early experiments to invest, incubate, fund and finance the Next Economy. Learn more about our approach here.